The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old October 18, 2002, 11:21 AM   #1
Gabe Suarez

Suarez Combat Week - May 2003

COMBATIVE SKILLS COURSE
5 Full Days of Pure Combatives Training
Counter-Terrorism For The Individual Operator

May 19 - 23, 2003 - Los Angeles, CA
Angeles Shooting Range

May 19 - Tactical Marksmanship Enhancement - One full day of skill development with the pistol. This 8 hour session is guaranteed to bring you to a higher level of skill with your pistol. Cost is $150

May 20 - Combative Shooting and CQB Skills (Includes a Low Light Session) - Take your pistol shooting skills to the next level with combative application of marksmanship skills, CQB techniques, moving while shooting, and more. This is the material that others hint at but never teach. Cost is $150

*Note: Free Evening Session on Reduced Light Tactics (How to Fight in the dark)

May 21 - Team Tactics, Team Movement, and Advanced Shooting Skills - Learn how to work with a
partner in high risk situations, including paired shooting, team movement, and wounded operator techniques. Pefect for police partners, husband/wife teams, or co-workers. Cost is $150

*Note: Free Evening Lecture on Tactical Emergency First Aid (What to Do If You're Shot or Cut!)
This lecture will be presented by a Suarez International Staff Instructor who is also an EMT, and trained in Tactical First Aid and TEMS. The lecture is open to all students and focuses on immediate self-help in the very possible event of receiving a gunshot or knife wound during a confrontation.

May 22 - Vehicle Defense (Fighting From, Around, and Inside Vehicles) - The name says it all! We spend a large part of our day in our cars. Learn how to fight in, and around your car. This will include firearms deployment in and around the vehicle as well as other related topics. Cost is $150.00

*Note: Free Evening Lecture on The Aftermath of a Shooting (by gunfight veteran Gabe Suarez)
This lecture will cover the seldom discussed points of how to prepare your mind for a deadly force confrontation, as well as what to do (and not do) afterwards, including dealing with legal and investigative issues. Learn about this very sensitive subject from one who has actually walked that path. This lecture alone, with the Q&A session at the end is worth the price of admission alone!! Open to all students! No recording devices will permitted for this lecture.

May 23 - Weapon Retention/Alternative Force/Weapon Disarming - This fast-paced course blends
combatives and the pistol. You'll learn to retain control of your pistol (in holster and in hand), as well as how to disarm adversaries and use the pistol as an emergency "alternative force impact weapon". This course bridges the gap between the hand and the gun! Cost is $150

This revolutionary training event will be taught by Gabe Suarez and specially selected Suarez International Staff Instructors. Attendance is not restricted in any way, and is open to ALL OUR STUDENTS. Each individual training day is priced at $150. Students may enroll for any combination of days. Students may also enroll for -

All Five Days of Training for only $600
(A savings of $150!)

Call us for details on each day's events, and specific equipment needs. Equipment may be rented for each day's events in accordance with local laws. Also, check the follow-up Combative Shotgun Concepts Course available at discount to attendees of the Combative Skills Week, on the weekend after the class!

Register Through Suarez International
(Office/FAX) 805-582-2499
http://www.suarezinternational.com

Or even easier, just enroll on line.
http://www.suarezinternational.com/mcart
Old October 18, 2002, 02:03 PM   #2
Kirk Keller

Gabe

What, no free tuition for the first five responders? Dang!
Old October 22, 2002, 08:04 PM   #3
Gabe Suarez

Gotta draw the line somewhere

Gabe Suarez
Suarez International, Inc.
Old October 22, 2002, 08:30 PM   #4
KSFreeman

Oh, this is inane. I'm having technical difficulties (my secretary left and no one is here to show me what I'm doing wrong) and cannot get the registration thingie to function. (Hmmm, tap, rack, bang?).

Could you please send me one via the address on my profile thingie?
Old October 25, 2002, 02:10 PM   #5
Kirk Keller

Quote:
Gotta draw the line somewhere
If you must...

Seriously though, I'm familiar with your works and quite impressed. Nice job.

Kirk
Old October 25, 2002, 09:11 PM   #6
KSFreeman

Kirk,

See you out there. Remember, it's California; bring your flowered shirt.

Kirk
Old November 5, 2002, 07:59 AM   #7
Kirk Keller

I burned my flowered shirts when I escaped the PRK back in '92. Gabe, you need to expand your horizons and mobilize your training regimen to include more... erstwhile states. C'mon over North Carolina way, you can rack out in my spare bedroom.
Old November 5, 2002, 10:04 AM   #8
Gabe Suarez

KM,

I understand your position. However, we have a geat number of students come from other areas. Our last week long training session last July provided 5 full days of combative pistol shooting.
We had students from Washington, Texas, and Michigan. We also had students from Mexico, Switzrland and Thailand. None had any trouble with the political police.

However, if you find a range that will let us do what we need to do, I'd love to do a similar course in your backyard. As the slogan says, "Have Gun - Will Travel".

Thanks,

Gabe Suarez
Old November 7, 2002, 03:28 PM   #9
Kirk Keller

Gabe

So if I can find a few ranges out here for a travelling road show, do I get to be your genuine official artificial imitation east coast rep?

There are a few ranges out here that have decent facilities. Let me know what you require for a course and I'll start doing some checking.
Old November 7, 2002, 05:01 PM   #10
Gabe Suarez

KM,

Contact me off-forum and we can talk about this.

Gabe Suarez
[email protected]
Old November 7, 2002, 10:55 PM   #11
Kirk Keller

Gabe

Email sent.