The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 22, 2012, 05:55 PM   #1
ratrodney

general gunbroker questions??

Hello.
if you order something from gunbroker(revolver...rifle..ect) can you buy from a different ststr than you live in? I have a local guy who for a very small fee will use his ffl to order or let you ship guns to him.

Also. Is there a way to search for a specific weapon and a layaway plan? Wanna use a layaway plan but not sure how to do it?? Tnx. RR
Old September 22, 2012, 06:25 PM   #2
laytonj1

When you "buy now" or win an auction for a gun from an out of state seller they will send you the info on where to send payment and copy of your dealers FFL to. Some want a hard copy, some may want your FFL to email to them. They'll let you know. After they receive payment/copy of FFL they will ship the gun to your FFL. You then go to your dealer, fill out the 4473 and any other paperwork your state may require, pay his transfer fee and take your new gun home (assuming your state does not have a waiting period).

I'm not aware of a search feature for layaways but if you read the description some sellers do offer it.

Jim
Old September 22, 2012, 10:01 PM   #3
MLeake

DO NOT use "Buy It Now" or even bid if you intend to pay via layaway UNLESS:
a) the ad says layaway is ok, or
b) you first use the "Ask Seller a Question" link, and verify that the seller is ok with layaway.

If you buy it or win it, the assumption is that you will use a form of payment the seller has authorized. If that is not the case, a very unhappy seller will probably give you negative feedback, and possibly get you suspended or banned from the site.

When you sign up for an account, there is a user's guide that explains the process.
Old September 24, 2012, 11:11 AM   #4
chiefr

GB is probably the most popular of all firearms auction sites. Things I consider when purchasing/bidding on GB would be:
1. Credit card would be the prefered method to pay due to the protections you have. IE, on a purchase that is "as is, no return" and the product is misrepresented, you can contest the purchase with the credit card company. USPS money orders would be my next method.
2. "Buy Now" can be a good thing. I have used this option myself for high demand or rare items and the price is good or unbelievable.
3. Layaway on GB is a rarity.
4. Always check the feedback on the seller. This is paramount
5. If you have questions about GB, you can contact their customer service. They always respond back in a reasonable time
6. GB also has a list of FFLs in your area that will handle transfers for you. You merely enter Zipcode, fees are usually listed. You then call the ffl to arrange sale and tranfer.
7. I always use the "Contact the seller" option if I have a question about an auction item. Unfortunately, about 33% of the sellers fail to respond back to you. If they fail to answer back -- I recommend you avoid that seller.

IMHO, GB is the best of all. Avoid GB forums, One visit to GB forums will make you appreciate the dicipline of TFL.