The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 8, 2006, 07:16 PM   #26
Rimrod

" i have no reason to luy to-ya my friend.."

You might want to remember this line in the future.
Old November 12, 2006, 12:35 PM   #27
TexiCali Slim

Comeon Cents

Maeybe u shudent mayke deels wif peeepole that tipe like 5 yeer oldz
Old November 19, 2006, 10:32 AM   #28
cplane

In hind site, You allready know--Live and learn. I'm sorry it happened to you.Thanks for the warning on this guy. I'm sure you have saved someone else from dealing with him. To move forward , I would get some 600 grit sandpaper and clean those scratches off of the knife, Put a good edge on it, and use it for a beater. The blade looks full, The handle looks tight and in decent shape. It would be a good "Truck knife" or Camper blade. I know if you are like me, You will probabably remember the bad deal everytime you use it, But, Somewhere down the line, Someone will see it and appreciate the sturdy knife for what it is, and you can trade it off for something you like better. As for the other small piece of chinese crap blade, I'd give it away to someone that doesn't know a good knife from a butter knife. I'm glad the Dufus got banned here. Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Old December 25, 2006, 11:41 PM   #29
WIN71

It may not be all bad

I think cplane has the right idea. First off this knife is not as advertised. It does look like it has some years behind it. Whether or not it was in the Vietnam war is of no consequence. Some of these older knives had some fairly good high carbon steel in them. High carbon steel rusts and tarnishes easily so the cosmetic look would be about right. Someone familiar with tool sharpening on carborundum, natural or diamond stones should be able to tell right away if the steel is any good. Aside from the looks, if this is good steel you may have even come out ahead on this deal.
Old December 27, 2006, 04:13 PM   #30
tjhands

Wow, I'm coming in late on this one, but........just wow.

Yeah, I know it wasn't some major, high-dollar trade, but if it'd been me I'd be just as ticked off as you are.
You went out of your way and included free postcards, too (you know, cuz the Missus 'once' some)!! Grrrr.
We all know that there are liars and thieves in the world, but it really does shake one's faith in and love of his fellow man to personally get into a deal like this one.
I guess the best thing to do is to pity and forgive this joker. If this is how he lives his life, he can't be too pleased with himself when he lays his head on the pillow each night.

BTW, he needs to review the basic tenets of Christianity, too.
Old December 29, 2006, 01:36 AM   #31
billdeserthills

Judge Turkey 45

No Question about it, you were ripped off, I'd be pissed off too if it happened to me, but it does happen from time to time. Actually since I'm a small business owner, I feel like I have to give people some trust (chance to screw me) from time to time.