The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 7, 2009, 08:59 AM   #1
Remingtonvadeer

Virginia new hunter!.

hello all I just got my saftey coarse done yesterday an I am getting my liecence in a little bit today, I am Failry new to this. I have been hunting alot in my past with familey, But never let out alone, I own a peice of property out in essex an I am Looking for a hunting buddy, SOmeone round my age
( 21) I do own a rifle for my hunting I am trying to get a deer this year an turkey to, I will get a shotgun but until I do I will just go with my .243, which I love!. But IF someone is interested with hunting with me that would be very cool. I am a very nice an fun guy to hang with! Will show you lots of respect as long as I get it back! But I want a partner to come with me to my property to go hunting an we go out other places too! But I would really like to go with anyone!
John G
Old December 8, 2009, 06:17 PM   #2
shortround60

If only I lived closer

If I lived closer, I would love to take you up on your offer. I live in Prince William County and that would not be very conducive to meeting up with you for recon trips and things like that prior to trying to hunt. I am shocked no one has jumped on your offer yet.
Old December 8, 2009, 06:41 PM   #3
viking499

Good luck finding a hunting buddy.
Old December 8, 2009, 07:28 PM   #4
simonkenton

I would like to go hunting with you, especially, to teach you how to gut and quarter a deer.
But I live too far away.

Good luck!
Old December 8, 2009, 10:52 PM   #5
Countertop

Where is Essex County?
Old December 9, 2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Deerhunter

I would like to go also. Too bad I am up in Fairfax County and that is about a 2 hour drive for me. Anyone up in Norther VA want to try and work something out? I haven't hunted in VA yet. I keep traveling back to PA where I grew up to hunt. I would like to find some places to hunt that are closer.
Old December 10, 2009, 10:54 AM   #7
remingtonva

well i live in stafford but I have property off hunters fork road. right off of 17. I really want to go with someone! I will meet you somewhere cause I want someone to teach my how to field dress a deer. Ive watched movies an all that But I'm a hands on guy!
Old December 12, 2009, 04:10 PM   #8
crimper

Sorry Essex County is a bit too far for me as well. I live in Loudoun County and I to am looking for a place close by to deer hunt if anyone has any suggestions.