The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 4, 2014, 12:12 PM   #51
lee n. field

Quote:
one for sale on this forum, I'm pleased with mine, don't need another though

no dog in the hunt, just fyi

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537546
I was going to mention that. Poor sucker in New York, needing to divest himself of his evil high capacity .380.

That'd be an interesting piece to have, if I hadn't just acquired my son's CZ-82.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old January 4, 2014, 05:38 PM   #52
JED1177

Beretta 84BB

My mags are all factory and all have the piece of metal in place. One is marked "Restricted Law Enforcement/GovernmentUse Only" and also has the piece of metal in place.

On a side note, can anyone provide a good set of photos of the original box (plus label) that a Beretta 84 BB with smooth wood grips (no medallions) would have originally came in?

Anyone know where one may be available?
Old January 5, 2014, 11:46 AM   #53
Peter M. Eick

Can't help you on the picture but I agree with you. All of my older mags have the metal tab in place. All Beretta and Browning have the tab in place (except where it broke). All of the after market mags are missing the tab.

Interesting that the guns will deal with Mecgar and factory mags but other clone mags are worthless. I just use them to lock the gun open when cleaning.