The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old December 15, 2004, 07:27 PM   #1
pinkfloydman

Remington 700

The gentleman hs a remington 700 with the 7mm caliber...the problem is someone told me i need to know if it is ADLor BDL...also what is ADL or BDL...any help eould be great...

mario
Old December 15, 2004, 07:40 PM   #2
keens

The ADL does not have a floorplate that allows you to unload the rifle by pressing a button in the triggergaurd which drops the floorplate down and the cartridges easily are unloaded. You must cycle the action once on a ADL for each round in the magazine to unload your rifle. The BDL has a drop down florplate allowing quicker unloading. So, the only difference is in the loading and unloading...the BDL's tend to have nicer stocks although I have seen some ADL's with laminate stocks that were really nice. The BDLs are more expensive...the barrels and action should be the same on either one...some say the ADL blind magazine makes for a stiffer stock which might lend itself to better accuracy...hope this helps...
Old December 15, 2004, 11:10 PM   #3
billykaldrich

But dude CDL is .............

The CDL has the best stock and Satin blue finnish purdeee
Old December 16, 2004, 04:41 PM   #4
pinkfloydman

ok so i have the BDL beucase it has the plate on the bottom that drops out when i press a button in the tirgger gaurd right???
Old December 16, 2004, 05:03 PM   #5
capnrik

Yep.
Old December 16, 2004, 07:10 PM   #6
keens

You are correct and it should bring more $ than an ADL in equal condition...
Old December 16, 2004, 07:26 PM   #7
pinkfloydman

well im buying it from someone who got thisw gun and about 4 other guns for 500 dollars...the thing is immaculet...no scrathces rust or anything...he let us use it for the weekend and when we see him he told us to give him what a reasonable price is for it since he hsa no clue...im thinking 350 or 400