The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old March 18, 2013, 04:04 PM   #1
kirbinster

Dominatrix at the range.

This lady at the range really scared me today. Either she was a dominatrix or a LEO, I was hoping dominatrix but I am afraid she was a LEO. If she was in fact a dominatrix I would have expected that her handcuffs hanging in their holder on the back of her belt would have been fur covered rather than the classic stainless steel. Anyhow, she took out her Glock 9mm and proceeded to fire at one of those large targets that to me looks like a big milk bottle. She fired a total of about 20 rounds at 10 yards before packing up to leave. Her groupings fairly easily fit into a 24” diameter circle, although many fell outside the outline. Now I realize there is much more to being in law enforcement that being able to shoot, but I have to question if someone that shoots this well should be out carrying a gun?

I know when I was a kid in NYC there used to be ads on the buses to recruit police officers, and back in the 1970’s one of the requirements were that you had to be at least five foot ten inches tall – and that was back when all patrol cars had two officers in them. I don’t know if 5’-10” is the magic number, but I sure have a lot less confidence when I see a female officer that is about 5’-1” and weighs in at 102 pounds. Likewise I don’t think a patrol officer should be 300 pounds and have to lift his spare tire to be able to pull his weapon. Just call me old fashioned I guess. But I really hope she was a dominatrix not an officer.
Old March 18, 2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Tom Servo
Staff

The dominatrix conjecture isn't appropriate for the board, and since we don't know whether or not this person was law enforcement, there's not much fuel for discussion here.
Closed Thread