The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 3, 2008, 08:34 AM   #26
hodaka

I've used Lee, RCBS, Imperial, One Shot, a pump spray from Midway, Imperial, olive oil, Pam, motor oil and a homemade lanolin/alcohol mix. All except the One Shot and the motor oil work pretty well. Now, I mostly use Imperial although I'm about to try the mink oil shoe treatment now that I have heard of it. Other than with the One Shot, the only dies I have stuck have been operator error, i.e. trying to see how many I could skip between lube. I can't remember sticking one with the Imperial.
Old May 6, 2008, 07:04 AM   #27
04JRB

Lube

I use One-Shot on .223, and RCBS or LEE for larger rifle cartriges.
Old May 6, 2008, 08:17 AM   #28
Mach II Sailor

Dillon or this:

http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm#Sizing

this is a good recipe, but i think i made it better

buy 32 ounces of 99% isopropyll alcohol, i bought two 16 oz. and one bottle of 100% PURE Lanolin oil, fill a two quart sauce pan half full of water, bring to a near boil, if your alcohol and oil have a foil seal pin punch a small hole in them to release any pressure build up from heating, swirl the oil and alcohol in the hot water till the temp. is about 120 degrees F., pour one bottle of warm alcohol in a quart jar or bottle, pour in the oil, cap and shake vigoursly a few seconds, rinse out the oil bottle with the remaining alcohol, ad more alcohol till the quart bottle is full, cap and shake vigorously a few seconds and BINGO !!! you have the best resizing lube money can buy !! and it will damn near last a life time, pour the lube in a spray bottle capable of a fine mist and have fun reloading !!