The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 10, 2005, 01:07 AM   #1
jonathon

SportsOnlyAuction.com

I got this interesting email earlier today..

Quote:
Hello,

We have developed a high quality Sports Only Auction site. We are just starting to add members from the Firearms, Hunting, Shooting, Knives and similar areas to the site.
We thought you might have an interest in the site as a Seller or a Buyer.

"Best combination of Design & Fees on the Internet"
See our "How We Compare" link on the opening page. www.SportsOnlyAuction.com

Brief overview of the site:
1.) No cost to Join
2.) Immediate account activation - No need to obtain an authorization code to finalize the sign up
3.) Do NOT need to enter Credit Card info
4.) No cost to List - High quality entry and display system
5.) Automatic re-list for 6 months - Saves you time and expense
6.) You are welcome to list your URL in your item description
(You may add a link to your agun, armsbay, auctionarms, eBay, gunbroker, Yahoo or Personal Web Site..."added exposure at no cost")Also welcome to add your site link to your Profile info.
7.) No cost to Buy - Of course you have to pay for the item and shipping
8.) $.20 per item to Sell - NO percentage (%) of final value!
$.20 per item Is the Total Charge!
9.) Anti-Sniper Function - Any bid placed within the last 5 minutes of an auction resets the auction for an additional 5 minutes.
10.) Traders - may list up to five (5) items for $.05 listing fee

Please take a few minutes to preview the site. We think you will like what you see. Join, List, Grow with us.

We will be adding a Link page with a listing of FFL Dealers throughout the USA within the next few weeks. Let us know if you would like to be added to this list.

Link and Banner exchange is available

*** What We Do Not Offer ***
We do NOT offer Tricks, Gimmicks, Hidden Fees or Dozens of Pages of Rules to control every aspect of your internet life. Our site was designed for Adults as a fun place for Buyers-Sellers-Traders to meet and exchange sports items.

Best Regards,
Howard, webmaster
www.SportsOnlyAuction.com <----- Check it out!

A little about myself:
Born in Montana, 10 yrs in Missouri, 20 yrs in Illinois and 15 yrs in Indiana. Married 34 years, 4 grown sons, 1 grandson, Vietnam Vet, Life member of the USA, NRA, & USMC = Semper Fi to all.

We attempt to mail only to people we believe would have an interest in our site. If you would like to be removed from any future mailings: Simply return this mail with -remove- in the subject line and we will remove your email immediately.
Sports Only Auction - 402 Wall Street - Valparaiso, IN 46383
Phone: 219-465-0852 Fax: 219-462-0292
Anyways, I was curious as to how my email got on their list, but I realized that it was probably due to me signing up for something.

Well, come to find out they HARVESTED my email address from sites that I had posted an ad on.

You can read about it here at Glock Talk.
Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

More CZ M52 info than you can shake a stick at!
Old October 15, 2005, 09:37 AM   #2
GKings1

Same email

When I checked my yahoo mail this morning, I found the same email in my inbox. Interestingly enough, there was an add on their site for the firing line. What makes me wonder is how I got on their mailling list.
Old October 16, 2005, 03:02 AM   #3
IZinterrogator

I got one yesterday too. I sent it back with -remove- in the subject line to unsubscribe like they said to in the e-mail. We'll see if I get anything else from them.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old October 16, 2005, 06:03 PM   #4
Buzzard

Yup, I got one of those emails in my mail this morning too.....look at the site then deleted it............glad to know I was not the only one.
Old October 17, 2005, 08:20 PM   #5
Ex-MA Hole

I got one, too.

Guess we know where the email list came frome?!?!?!?