The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 24, 2011, 08:40 PM   #1
bedbugbilly

Hawes NMA Remington?

I ran across a '58 Remmie NMA that is steel frame - I haven't had the opportunity to "handle" it yet so don't know what it has for markings. Anyone know who made these? Good or "avoid"? Parts availability? As I said, I haven't had a chance to handle it yet - hopefully will be able to get a look at it next week. I'm guessing it was made in the 60s or 70s but again, that's a guess. Appreciate hearing from anyone who might have one or know anythingn about 'em. Thanks!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old May 24, 2011, 09:19 PM   #2
arcticap

A TFL search for Hawes turned up that most of the Hawes C&B revolvers were made by Armi San Paolo (Euroarms). Not too much else about them.
Hawes should be highlighted in red in the following threads:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ighlight=hawes

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...62&postcount=5

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ighlight=hawes
Old May 25, 2011, 03:00 PM   #3
bedbugbilly

Thanks arcticap - greatly appreciated. Not a whole lot of info on them. I seem to remember them from ads back in the 60s and I figured that they were importers. Over the years, I've seen some nice pistols made by ASP and the quaility seemed nice. I'm wondering how hard parts are to come by that will fit them or if Euroarms parts can be adapted. I haven't seen or handled the pistol in person yet so I don't really know what the bore/cylinders are like - it might be a keeper or it might be one to just walk by on. If I happen to buy it, I'll post photos if for nothing more, reference. Thanks again.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old May 26, 2011, 06:21 AM   #4
Doc Hoy

Hey "bprevolver"

Are you able to help here?
Old May 26, 2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Smokin_Gun

Hawes of Los Angeles, CA which the Building is still there in L.A. was an Importer of ASP ... and Euroarms among others. I have one NMA in .36 cal 6 1/2" bbl it's a beauty and fit and finnish is great, accuracy even better.
I bought cause I am just north of Los Angeles , in L.A. County... I also have a NMA. ASP in .44 which is about my favorite Remington.
Admin:http://blackpowdersmoke.com/oldcoots/index.php