The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old September 6, 2007, 08:18 PM   #1
pops572

-1 for UniversalFrost

This is the first negative I have ever given on a board. I feel i have to do this not because the amount was great, but because it was just very inconsiderate of him to do.

Now the story, I listed several items for sale on 8-15 and he responded very quickly claiming one. PM's were sent to iron out the details and I tagged the item as SPF. I then turned down 2 other people that were interested in the item. Now here it is 3 weeks later, no payment has been received and he will not respond to my PM's. You could have at least let me know that you were no longer interested in the item so I could have sold it to someone else would just be the decent thing to do.

Just a heads up for anybody else that he wants to buy from.
Old September 6, 2007, 08:59 PM   #2
williamd

I'll boycott UniversalFrost! No need for this kind of crap.
Old September 10, 2007, 05:51 PM   #3
bennnn

Well,, I'm going to have to dissagree and say that UniversalFrost in near the top of my list when it comes to stand up honest guys to deal with here..

And I've done a few around here. Maybe something happend to him that is keeping him from working this out here, let's hope he's OK

There are two sides to every story,, let's wait to hear his.

Where ya at buddy?
Old September 10, 2007, 06:23 PM   #4
rantingredneck

I've also had a couple good deals with UniversalFrost.
Old September 10, 2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Wildalaska

Me too...good guy

WildheyuniversalwhereyaatAlaska TM
Old September 10, 2007, 08:05 PM   #6
UniversalFrost

I would like to thank all the folks for the kind words and thanks to Benn for flagging this for me to respond to. Pops, I am still more than willing to purchase the stock from.

This was a mistake on my end. Remember we PM'ing you that I was TDY and couldn't get you the payment until I got back, well, I got back last weekend and to be honest with you I totally foregot. Yes, I am admiting I am human and can foreget. If you still have the stock, just PM me with you paypal details and payment will be in your account, if no paypal, them usps money order with delivery confirmation will be sent to you and confirmation number posted here.

Now for WilliamMD. watch your tongue!! I have had many many perfect transactions and now the one negative where I personally admitted fault and am willing to complete the deal and apologize for the delay. So, unless you are without fault shut up and color and get back to all that is TFL.

Pops get back to me if you want to finish the transaction, if not I understand and appologize. To all that have dealt with me in the past you know that I am a stand up guy and will go the extra mile for you.

For everybody else, take this post as a lesson and admit when you screwed up or foregot or whatever.

Happy Shooting.

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old September 10, 2007, 08:20 PM   #7
Wildalaska

Joe your a mensch

WildyoucanbuyandsellwithmeanytimeAlaska TM
Old September 10, 2007, 08:30 PM   #8
pops572

Joe,
I appreciate your honesty and admitting a mistake. However I have the stock sold pending funds. If it does not work out, I would be happy to sell to you again. Glad this was just a misunderstanding and not something more serious.
Old September 11, 2007, 08:33 AM   #9
trailgator

don'tcha just love a happy ending?
Old September 12, 2007, 12:08 AM   #10
JohnKSa
Staff

Looks like this one has been worked out.