The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 15, 2008, 11:12 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Garand clips

I expect to receive my CMP garand sometime this week. I am not planning on shooting it that much, did not really do my rsearch to the level I should. I need to buy some clips. Problem is, where do i get good ones? Are some crappy like mini-14 mags? Can I just get good ones anywhere?
Old December 15, 2008, 11:36 PM   #2
azsixshooter

Order some of the ammo from the CMP that comes packed in the clips and bandoleers. Also, you can buy them from cheaperthandirt.com and I'm sure other places.

http://www.thecmp.org/ammosales.htm

NLU 407-CAN - 192 rounds. M2 Ball. Greek .30-06 ammunition HXP (Pyrkal) manufacture. Bullet may attract magnet. Boxer primed. Non-corrosive. Packaged in 8 round enbloc clips in bandoleers in sealed "SPAM" can. Headstamp varies HXP62-HXP80.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." --Saul Tigh
http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2...s-no-more.html
Old December 15, 2008, 11:40 PM   #3
azsixshooter

BTW, I just got my service grade HRA from the CMP today. It's AWESOME! It came with one clip:

The CMP is so great, I tagged this rifle at the Western Games, sent my order on Nov 15th and it's in my hands already! Thank You CMP and everyone who has supported them!
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." --Saul Tigh
http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2...s-no-more.html
Old December 16, 2008, 12:45 AM   #4
Tim R

The Stock looks very nice from this side. I got a H&R correct grade and could not be more pleased. What barrel do you have.

Oh, Garand clips. I don't know of any deals but do a search on them and you should be able to find some. E-gun parts has them and they always seem to be better than average on their parts from what I've bought. Sarco is another place to look. If your paying much over $1.00 to 1.25 each I would look some more.

Last edited by Tim R; December 16, 2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old December 16, 2008, 10:45 AM   #5
BoltWorks

J&G Sales in AZ has them from 0.99 to 1.25. They are a good source.

Stock up...
Old December 16, 2008, 11:18 AM   #6
johnwilliamson062

I think I will go the CMP ammo source. Thanks. J&G is a great store, but you can't beat CMP prices.