The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 6, 2011, 08:54 AM   #1
DC7

fenix tk 20 mount on mossy 500

I have Mossberg 500 tactical would like to mount my fenix tk 20 light on it , already have the remote switch just would like some advice on what way to mount it. thanks
Old January 8, 2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Elkins45

That depends entirely on how attractive you want it to be. I, personally, would attach it with duct tape, but I'm kind of a slob that way.

Another more secure option would be to use a couple of large diameter radiator hose clamps, but then you have to worry about the little bulge of the worm screw hanging down and snagging on stuff.

Maybe nylon cable ties combined with duct tape would be the best option? The cable ties would do the bulk of the work and the duct tape would keep them from sliding around.
Old January 9, 2011, 08:43 AM   #3
WeedWacker

Location: Body: Clarkston, Washington. Soul: LaCrosse, Wisconsin
Elkins45, a truely manly statement there with the duct tape. Kudos to you. If you can't fix it, "duct" it.

Here's a less sticky way of doing it:http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Acce...CDM-MOD-C.html

Clamps on the barrel/mag and clamps on the light. Little more stable and keeps the light more parallel to the barrel than duct tape.