The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old November 19, 2011, 02:48 PM   #1
frogsaw

Warning! Beware of Natchez!

The last time I posted about Natchez was 03/09, in regards to an issue I had with them selling me used brass that was advertised as new. Even though I said then that I would never order from them again, and to this day have held to that statement, they still keep send to me their catalogs. Due to these tough economic times, I have started browsing their catalog again. I noticed on page 65 of the November Natchez Catalog (Cover features a pheasant) a listing for Barnes 647gr M/LE TAC-X 50BMG projectiles, 50/box for $28.49.

Excited to find such a bargain, I hurried to make my order. Only to find that this was one of MANY typographical errors in their catalog. Not only was the price incorrect, but the round count was wrong too. Barnes does not offer 50BMG's 50 per Box, but rather 20 per box. When I called Natchez Customer Service, I spoke with a guy named Chip. Chip, like most of the other Natchez customer service representatives, was defensive and rude, as if he was taking it personal that I had a problem with their lack of product pricing and description accuracy.

I requested to speak with a manager and was told to call back Monday. I refuse to believe that a company can consistently misrepresent their products and prices and not be held to them. This is not a one time occurrence.

I will continue to only conduct business with deserving and honest companies, such as Midway, Brownells, etc.
Old November 19, 2011, 02:58 PM   #2
frogsaw

I forgot to mention that I was directed to their disclaimer on their Pricing & Typographical Errors section of their website, which states the following:

"All prices are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for typographical errors or price misprints contained on this web site or in our printed ads."

Since when does stating that you are not responsible for your actions actually abslove you from this responsibility? I am going to get my lable maker out and and print up a bunch of "Not Responsible for...." labels and put them on everything I own. Maybe send one in on my W-4 to let the IRS/GOV know that I am not responsible for taxible income. Better yet, put one on my credit card...get the picture? This is just crazy!
Old November 19, 2011, 03:47 PM   #3
Shane Tuttle
Staff

1. It's been a long standing standard practice of businesses placing that disclaimer in ads.

2. Since you still haven't done any business with Natchez, this is nothing more than a bash thread.

Closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old November 19, 2011, 04:00 PM   #4
frogsaw

Bash Thread?

Midway USA and Brownells honor their advertised prices. Why do you think this is a bash thread? I am reporting an experience.
Old November 19, 2011, 04:03 PM   #5
Shane Tuttle
Staff

You already posted your complaint back in March '09. Did you complete a business transaction again? No? Then it's a dead issue.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread