The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old August 1, 2000, 03:40 PM   #1
BAB

Don't think this has been posted yet.

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=246

Released: July 31, 2000

Lazio leads Hillary in N.Y. Senate Race,

New Zogby International poll reveals

Republican Congressman Rick Lazio has taken the lead over Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton in the race for the U.S. Senate, a new Zogby International poll reveals. The poll was conducted for the New York Post.

The survey of 605 likely New York State voters conducted July 26-28, finds the Long Island Congressman leading Clinton 49.6% - 42.0% with 2% choosing other candidates and 6.3% Undecided. In June, Clinton led Lazio 46.4% - 43.9%.

The new survey has a margin of sampling error of +/- 4%.

Survey results show Lazio with an increasing lead over Clinton among Upstate voters (56.4%-35.9%) (in the previous June survey Lazio led Upstate 49.5% - 40.2%), and maintaining a strong lead among Suburban voters 58.6% - 32.9% and Independent voters (57.1% - 28.7%).

Clinton maintained her lead over Lazio among New York City voters (60.6% - 30.1%), among African Americans (87.7% – 8.3%) and Hispanics (60.4% - 18.3%).

In the four-way Senate race which includes the Green Party’s Al "Grandpa" Lewis and the Independence Party’s Jeff Graham, Lazio leads Clinton 45.9% - 41.1% with Graham receiving 1.7% and Lewis receiving 1.3%. Another 9.9% are Undecided.

Also, the new survey has Lazio’s favorable/unfavorable rating at 56.3% - 39.6% compared to Clinton’s rating at 49.6% - 47.8%. Nearly two in five New York voters (38.3%) regard Clinton as "very favorable."

In the presidential race, Democrat Al Gore leads Republican George W. Bush 43.3% - 38.5%, with the Green Party’s Ralph Nader next at 4.8%, and followed by Libertarian Harry Browne at 1.1%. The Reform Party’s Pat Buchanan, Natural Law’s John Hagelin and the Constitution’s Party Howard Phillips all had less than one percent.

Zogby New York Tracking Table:

(visit URL posted above for table)
Old August 1, 2000, 09:29 PM   #2
Magoo1

There is a GOD!

------------------
Don't give up too much ground. You'll have none to Stand on...
-Magoo1-
Old August 1, 2000, 09:36 PM   #3
paratrooper

There seems to be a script to the voting habits of many minorities and the Democratic Party . Vote for us , collect your welfare and we'll see you in 4 years .

------------------
TOM
SASS AMERICAN LEGION NRA GOA
Old August 2, 2000, 12:45 PM   #4
hube1236
Registration in progress

Go check Laz's vote record with respect to RKBA. He is not Santa and the Easter Bunny rolled into one!
Old August 2, 2000, 12:48 PM   #5
Santa Claus

That's for sure!

------------------
Ho, Ho, Ho!
Old August 2, 2000, 12:56 PM   #6
ds1973

Do you people know how painfull it is to vote in NY?!?! If Lazio wins it'll be the same way Pataki won. Pataki won on "anybody but Cuomo" and Lazio will win on an "anybody but Hillary". RKBA gets screwed either way, but Hillary is a commie so the lesser of two evils is an big-government, anti-gun, country club republican.

I still don't know if I can pull the lever for Lazio, but I may have to. This is the eternal question, is a vote for a third party a vote for the worse of two evils? Damn these NY republicans!

------------------
The first step is registration, the second step is confiscation, the final step is subjugation.
Old August 2, 2000, 12:58 PM   #7
Skyhawk

Appearing a little early this year, aren’t you Santa?

Skyhawk
Old August 2, 2000, 03:06 PM   #8
org

Actually, you reversed the Bush/Gore results. Bush is leading Gore.

org
Old August 2, 2000, 08:17 PM   #9
K80Geoff

Yes, here in NY I am torn between two excellent candidates. Two candidates who espouse the same views I hold and who would represent me the way I want to be represented.

Yes it is a difficult decision. Lou Wein (Constitution Party) or John Clifton (Libertarian).

whoar dese udder bums?

Geoff Ross

------------------
One reason to vote in the next Presidential election.

It's the Supreme Court, Stupid!