The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old October 25, 2005, 09:07 PM   #26
defjon

I've elevated it to an official claim with Ebay.

Because of the dollar amount, they aren't authorized to refund me.

For what it's worth, his knives4wholesale name isn't in use any longer according to ebay, and they are being investigated. Kind of funny to bring this much heat on a guy's business over a 14 dollar (25 with shipping :barf: ) piece of crap knife. For me it is the principle. No one needs to treat people like that, and I have to do my part to get the word out. And yes, I am looking into the (ill)legality of what was done by him knowingly shipping an "automatic" knife here to the People's Republic of Illinois.

As to the guy who went for the worm lured on this board and saved himself 10%, congradulations. Glad your product was as advertised. See, the guy had a 98& positive rating...so 98% of the people who ordered products got just what they ordered without any problems. You fall into this category.

The other 2%? Well, for what ever reason, they got reamed. Perhaps they were chosen at random, perhaps the stoned genetic throwback hired for shipping and customer service was at the desk that day. No matter the reason, the other 2% got the shaft. Big time. I'm lucky it was only 30 dollars. The only problem I have with it is not that you sold out any fellow TFL'ers (cough) who got screwed by some jackhole crap peddler online, but that anyone would want to take the risk to save a lousy 10%! If you DID have a problem, it isn't like you are dealing with a rational someone that could help you. If the money has changed hands, they have what they want.

BTW, Micarta isn't expensive at all! You can easily get the handle material for between 8-26 dollars on a knife.

Anyhow, as of about a week ago I was finally able to elevate the case to a claim. Ebay really doesn't have the best avenues of recourse for things like this. However, at the very least I learned a thirty dollar lesson. If I needed anymore proof than I have it, it is really best to buy in person...it's the only way to be sure. It's just the best all around precaution. Then, when some little weanie tries giving you the shaft, you have a whole plethora of recourses open to you besides the archaiac, automated automadon that is Ebay dispute consul dealings...

Jon-
Old October 26, 2005, 05:40 AM   #27
joab

The guy could very well have just made an honest mistake.
It could have been fixed easy enough but he chose to respond in an unprofessional manner, which is my complaint about him.

Don't know if I would pursue any legal measures.
He's in Fla where these knives are legal, you ordered it from Illinois where they are not.

You are going to have to admit that you took delivery of an illegal weapon, which you ordered.

I recognize the need to get even as well as anybody, but maintain a sense of honor while doing it or you will get burned also
Old March 21, 2006, 07:44 PM   #28
Knives4WholesaleHQ

Yaddah Yaddah yaddah...blah blah blah...

Hey guys it's me! Just thought I would RETORT here since it's so much fun. I am AMAZED that this is still going on!!! I tried to do something good and I got the shaft big time! And the reason my store is no longer on Ebay is because Ebay stopped ALL sales of automatic & butterfly knives. You know, the thing of it is....I was trying to be very patient with this situation (hmm..was it 8 months ago already?) but a guy can only take so much, you know? In any event this topic is fizzled out now. The bottom line..."I ship exactly what is ordered" each and everytime an order is placed. I don't have to "substitute" merchandise. You know damn well you never ordered a "blue micarta" stiletto. There is no such thing being made. Believe me I know. Black micarta, yes, blue no. And to the guy saying "report this to the highest authorities", give me a break. What a stupid thing to say. Well, we know who will fold under questioning folks, so watch what you say around this "stand up" guy! LOL!

Oh, and Jon....Tell you what. I am willing to send you a nice blue marble stiletto free of charge. Now this isn't "real marble". I want you to know from GO, but an imitation in acrylic. Very nice quality. Retail $35.00. Write me at [email protected]. But you have to promise to tell this forum what a nice knife it is. It is the difference between a $15.00 knife. And I don't expect or need any apologies from anyone.

(oh, by the way, a "STILETTO" is a "SIDE-OPENING" knife, and an "OTF" or "OUT THE FRONT" knife is exactly what it sounds like, it from the inside straight out)
Old March 21, 2006, 08:21 PM   #29
pwelsh4hd

Quote:
Yaddah Yaddah yaddah...blah blah blah...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys it's me! Just thought I would RETORT here since it's so much fun. I am AMAZED that this is still going on!!!
Uhhh....it wasn't still going on Knives4WholesaleHQ . You're bringing up a thread that's been dead for 4 months, apparently to continue stirring this pot.

*Can the mods just lock this tired thing down?
Old March 22, 2006, 08:34 AM   #30
BigFunWMU

Keep it alive.

This way a few more of us get to see this fine warning about someone not to do business with.
Old March 22, 2006, 01:42 PM   #31
nscale

What a Mess

What a Mess!
I came into this late and didn’t have a chance to see the ebay listing, as it had already been deleted, but let me say this.

I have been buying and selling on eBay for about 6 years and I can tell you for every rip off seller you may run across, you will find 6 rip off buyers.

Yes buyers, people who are trying to get something for nothing. As a seller you always have the customers that either don’t pay, or complain it was not what you said it was, basically deadbeats who want it for free.
And I sold Bibles and Christian books and gifts.

It is unfortunate but true. I don’t know anything about this knife seller, but it is obvious he sells cheap knives, he admits this himself. Sounds like a knife got broken in shipment and he didn’t get a chance to make good before he got slammed with negative feedback. You can’t get rid of negative feedback.
Sounds like the buyer was disillusioned and pissed at himself because he bought a cheap knife and expected this seller to go above and beyond just replacing it. He wanted a better knife FOR FREE.

The only leverage the buyer has on ebay is the feedback. Once you leave negative the seller no longer has any incentive to go the extra mile to make you happy.

Wake up. You get what you pay for. Jeez. And the seller is right 600+ positive feedbacks on eBay are hard to get. And anyone who has sold on eBay knows it is expensive. It is not like this guy is making hundreds of thousands a year selling his cheap knives, but even if he is, how many can you afford to give away?
Old March 22, 2006, 03:17 PM   #32
gac009

Take the knife and tell us how good it is..

My .02
Old March 22, 2006, 05:37 PM   #33
geneinnc

Can you say RED FLAG? In his initial post, he admits he sent the wrong knife.
In the next post, after the customer won't kiss his butt via public apology, he says he never got the wrong knife, but bought a $17 knife.

another FLEABAYER "have it MY way" dealer IMO
Old March 23, 2006, 03:27 AM   #34
theinvisibleheart

defjon

thanks for the warning. You are helping the general public by warning about bad sellers.

Sorry to hear about bad eBay purchase.

--John
Old March 23, 2006, 08:08 AM   #35
American4guns

If you want to see and or purchase high quality knives check out this site.Prices range from $50 to $1000.Just about every well known knife maker is on this site.Authentic itailian stillettos,switchblades,customs,custom Buck 110 auto http://nicnac.net/Horizon/en-us/front.html
He is right stilletto is a side openng knife and its not a brand its a style.But you wont find high quality knives on ebay.For the money vs quality there is no better made knife then Buck
Old March 23, 2006, 09:59 AM   #36
Josh

I also found this post to late and the link is Invalid according to ebay.

The term quality "Very nice quality. Retail $35.00" I guess depends on what you definition of quality is however I don't thik that theat word and the money go hand in hand.

When I think of quality I think of Strider, Randal, etc. not some cheap $35.00 knife that is made in Jap or China.

It seems to me that both individuals are somewhat at fault with the majority of it going to whoever is hiding behind the name Knives4WholesaleHQ.

Josh
Old March 23, 2006, 01:35 PM   #37
jhgreasemonkey

I have also been ripped off on e bay. I put in complaints with e bay, square trade, etc. nothing ever came of it and my negative feed back was never displayed. the seller (bestbaydeals) had only positive feed back so there is some way they are manipulating the system. I know many others who have been ripped off on e bay so I dont deal with them anymore.
Old March 23, 2006, 03:38 PM   #38
xjmox14x

um, the thread had been stopped for 5 months before wholesaleknives chimed in the complain that the thread was still going.
Old March 23, 2006, 04:39 PM   #39
defjon

Thanks for the support everyone. I appreciate the feedback, and the retail report section of this website is an extremely useful part of the firing line. I know before placing orders, I will often check here first. This is a unique case in that you've had a chance to see both buyer and seller post their remarks for you to draw your own conclusions from.

That being said, I had completely forgotten about this thread! I still check other sections of the site daily, but not this. I accepted the loss and took it as a learning experience. When the knife wouldn't lock back, I had to just disassemble it and obviously as you all know, had no other recourse.

I am both a knife AND gun collector, and have rather large collections of both. I do know a *fair* amount about both subjects, but am always willing to learn. I know that the knife I was ordering opened from the side, different than the NATO knife I have that opens from the top. At any rate, a cheap knife doesn't mean a broken knife. I carry a "cheap" under 20$ Gerber in my wallet that has an extremely strong lock, cuts great, keeps an edge, and is a daily companion. It lasted through literally tens of thousands of carboard boxes this holiday season during work! I also have a super el-cheapo switchblade look-alike from Bud K that I got for my birthday for some reason. Four bucks. The lock up is extremely good though, and so far its held a very good edge as well. My point is that on the cheap doesn't necessarily mean complete junk.

At any rate, I hadn't posted since sometime last year and I would've never even checked back here if that other knife seller hadn't sent me a private message to check out his knife store.

"Oh, and Jon....Tell you what. I am willing to send you a nice blue marble stiletto free of charge. Now this isn't "real marble". I want you to know from GO, but an imitation in acrylic. Very nice quality. Retail $35.00. Write me at [email protected]. But you have to promise to tell this forum what a nice knife it is. It is the difference between a $15.00 knife. And I don't expect or need any apologies from anyone."

Email sent. I AM a reasonable individual. All I ever expected as some kind of decent policy reguarding a broken item. I shouldn't have to pay shipping again and all of that. I wouldn't go through all of this trouble if the item was fine and I just wanted a freebie

I shouldn't be expected to pay shipping, however. Already did that. For that "cheap" 17 dollar knife it ended up to be more than 30 bucks. I am in college. I have NO money. If that isn't the deal, well, nothing I can do about that. I will take receipt of a nice blue marble stilleto, but free of charge needs to mean free of charge. I will honestly and accurately let everyone know the outcome- EG, shipping time, quality, etc. If this incident is made good nearly a year afterwards all the better. I'll hold no grudges.

Once again, thanks guys.

Jon-
Old April 10, 2006, 07:20 PM   #40
defjon

Hey, just an update...sent my address but apparently wasn't received. So...still waiting. I'll let you know what the end result is...
Old April 10, 2006, 08:30 PM   #41
joab

I saw him at the gun show in Orlando recently.
His responses in this thread caused me to go to another knife vendor.
I briefly explained this to his girlfriend.
Old April 11, 2006, 06:57 PM   #42
UniversalFrost

bought a nice gerber from him ebay

hi, for those of us who buy from ebay we know how you can get ripped off, but there are some good deals to be had. I picked up a new gerber for 7 bucks plus 5 shipping. not bad for a $50 knife! I also got ripped off once on a harris bipod that i paid 70 for. Turned out to not be new and not be a harris bipod at all. instead a cheap chinese copy. Just turn them into eBay and paypal (I always use them because they can refund my money if I ever get ripped off). Also, if you sell on eBay make sure to require insurance and tracking otherwise the buyer could claim they never got the item or if it is damaged in shipping they may want a refund.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old April 11, 2006, 08:01 PM   #43
WillBrayjr

I've been ripped-off too Thats okay because I reported him for being a border jumper
Old April 13, 2006, 09:04 AM   #44
rick_reno

Let us know if the new knife ever arrives. I doubt it will.
Old April 13, 2006, 11:40 AM   #45
defjon

Yeah, I guess we'll see. No confirmation that he's got my address now or that it is being shipped (second time I've sent the info). It's a shame, because it wasn't my offer- it was his. I would honestly let everyone know if it was good, and that this situation was made right. It doesn't necessarily matter that it took eight months to get it right as long as eventually wrongs are undone. I've been reading through this thread, and I still fail to see how I was in the wrong at all. So the item I paid for wasn't "top dollar" or necessarily real blue micarta, but nevertheless, the fact remains that I got this cheap BLACK plastic handled thing that wouldn't be worth a penny let alone thirty dollars, and it immediately broke...and I was wrong to leave negative feedback?? I'm glad that my story was able to get out, and I think it would've/will be a good jesture and publicity for Justin to send a new knife. I know *I* would be singing a different song about Knives4Wholesale.
Old April 17, 2006, 07:13 PM   #46
defjon

Waiting...
Old April 20, 2006, 01:16 PM   #47
Dead-Nuts-Zero

I stumbled upon an Ebay seller selling $6,000 item brand new delivered for about 1,800.00. I dug around and found another seller doing about the same deal, and then yet another seller, all with different addresses and ebay ID. Being too good to be true, I decided to scan all of Ebay to see what else I could find on these Nuts. Well...there were others too. The common link to these were that that they were from another country, listing US addresses. They were selling items that were in the US, ready to be shipped. I then offered to pick up the item as it was a motor bike of 500 lbs. etc. I kindly asked where to locate the item, all by sending several email questions. After finding the other sellers, I asked about a relationship. They were in no way related or connected to one another, and had no scam or fraud intentions. They didn't want me asking questions and then no more replies. To shorten the story here, one other common link was that the background in all the photo's were all the same. Same garage doors with dents and rust in the same spots and the same trees were in the background etc. But yet all in different states. Truth was, they were same people doing a shipping scam as they had to ship them through Customs and there would be a huge delay in getting them into the US (they already told me they were here to begin with).

I never had any intention of making a purchase, but could not help myself do anything but expose these dill toes. I catagorized all of my investigative proof and sent to Ebay security. I got an email back within two hours that every one of these sellers were suspended on the spot, and thanking me for exposing them. They were launching a full fraud investigation. I even had updates from the Fraud unit.

I later tried to locate these auctions sites and seller profiles etc. with the info I had saved, (recorded all addresses and links etc.) but no sign of them anywhere. Ebay did a great job of putting them out of business. Pooffff....they were gone from Ebay!

Only problem I had was getting the info reported to Ebay. They (at that time) had no way of conducting a phone conversation. Every bit of detail had to go by emails.

I say this... if you see something that looks sour, turn them into the Fraud Dep't and they will suspend them until they can determine if it's fraud or not. A 17 dollar knife is not like 6 thousand dollars of BS, but if the attempt to defraud is there, they are just as important.

The knife deal is different because there seems to be an attempt to work out the problems. With the motor bike auctions, they were selling with no intentions of shipping because the item was only a photo.

The seller of the knife should have sent you a new knife of grater value (free without shipping charges) and maybe this exposure could have been avoided.

Thanks to the forum for allowing us to share this info.
Old April 20, 2006, 03:35 PM   #48
joab

So defjon, you turning blue yet ?
Old April 20, 2006, 04:43 PM   #49
defjon

Well, I've been able to hold my breath an entire month so far!
Old April 20, 2006, 06:28 PM   #50
rem33

skm

sorry if this was already posted but as I am hurried and didn't read all the posts. Do a search for a company called SKM, like do skm knifes etc. they are in Italy, you can order switchblades in a virety of sizes and grades grom cheap to the same stuff special forces use is what i have been told, I am not privy to special info but have heard this. If they are legal in your state like here, and your of age they will send to your door, some nice stuff.