The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 22, 2008, 06:50 PM   #1
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Actual Situations

I searched for a previous thread of this nature so don't yell at me if there is one (please)

I thought we could start a thread with REAL SD situations that actually happened to YOU or YOURS and what the results were (so much as it can be discussed if there are pending legal issues or whatever)

PLEASE lets stick to 1) This happened. 2) This was the result (legally, physically)

PLEASE NO: "You are so dumb for doing that." or "You should have..." responses.

Thanks in advance
Old July 23, 2008, 07:24 AM   #2
doc2rn

I was working the graveyard shift hauling prisoners between jurisdictions in Kansas. I had just finished a kiddie run so I pulled into the local choke-n-puke to pick up some grindage about midnight. Some out of town sport team kids thought they where gonna have fun with me. They swarm my car and start busting headlights and beating on it when I pull out my phone and call 911. The leader is at my window yelling at me to hang up and they will "go easy" on me. Yah right, like I believe him. Well the cop from the local dognut hole is two blocks away and they swarm him as soon as he pulls in. I get out and draw down on them freaking the kids out and the LEO.
The LEO is trying to get me to let them go, but I pressed charges for distruction of private property since I knew my boss would have blamed me otherwise. It took 3 hours to clear the scene and write up a report. My boss was pissed but not at me.
The kids lost their next game because their star players where trying to get bailed out by mommy and daddy.
Old July 23, 2008, 08:56 AM   #3
jackmcmanus21

doc...that sounds pretty serious. It is good to see you weren't hurt. I hate young punks like that...they're always the first ones crying in the court room
Old July 23, 2008, 10:10 AM   #4
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

The LEO was cool afterwards? No speeches about having drawn or anything?