The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 26, 2014, 08:00 AM   #1
oneoldsap

Location: I live in the foot of the Green Mountains of Vermont
CVA Wolf

Would any one out there have a schematic for a CVA Wolf break action inline ML . Fellow brought me one all bound , up hammer wouldn't fall , couldn't open it , and it was loaded and primed . He bought this POS last fall for his girlfriend , and says it's only been shot less than a dozen times . CVA advertises it as the largest selling ML in the world , I guess there are a lot of junk loving cheapskates out there . I would never own any kind of gun with a pot metal receiver , Bergera barrel or not ! Thanks for your time .
Mike
Old January 31, 2014, 09:42 PM   #2
Snyper

I bought a CVA inline about 35 years ago and it was a total POS

I've never considered another gun from them
Old January 31, 2014, 10:30 PM   #3
birdshot

I believe CVA gives a lifetime warranty. Don't know if it covers negligence, but if it is a broken part...
Old February 3, 2014, 11:14 AM   #4
Sea Buck

I have used a CVA Wolf for several years. The action has a close tolerance.After firing several shots if you do not clean the action, both the receiver firing pin area, and the nipple area with a stiff brush to get the crud off, the rifle will bind and maybe not close or may lock up and not open if forced to close. It also will not cock. The rifle is not a POS. Simple care by the user is all that's needed.
Old February 7, 2014, 04:45 PM   #5
oneoldsap

I sent the receiver out to CVA yesterday for them to put it back together . There is a fixture required , of which there is only one in the us . I was not able to figure out the engineering that went into it at all . Ken tells me they don't sell parts , they don't sell the tool , won't even show anybody a picture of it . You can't get a schematic , or a shop manual . Why would anyone buy a gun that can't be fixed by a gunsmith ? Now for a news flash , Bargara is making barrels for the T/C break action guns now . Or so I was told ! As for CVA guns , I'll pass .
Old February 7, 2014, 04:47 PM   #6
oneoldsap

I sent the receiver out to CVA yesterday for them to put it back together . There is a fixture required , of which there is only one in the us . I was not able to figure out the engineering that went into it at all . Ken tells me they don't sell parts , they don't sell the tool , won't even show anybody a picture of it . You can't get a schematic , or a shop manual . Why would anyone buy a gun that can't be fixed by a gunsmith ? Now for a news flash , Bargara is making barrels for the T/C break action guns now . Or so I was told ! As for CVA guns , I'll pass . My thanks to the gentlemen that tried to render assistance !