The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old February 5, 2013, 09:29 AM   #26
MMV.30

Earlier in this thread i asked the question of what nations received Garands. Well, i found some info and thought i'd share with the forum. Nations receiving the Garand through either lease or gift in alphabetical order: Austria, Colombia, Cuba, Denmark, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Germany(West), Greece, Haiti, Honduras, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Liberia, Netherlands, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philipines, South Korea, South Vietnam, Thailand, United Kingdom and Uruguay. Most European countries returned theirs. Who knows? Maybe the CMP will see some rifles from one of these countries in the future.
Old February 5, 2013, 01:42 PM   #27
steinauge

About 20 years ago when the first batch of korean M-1s and carbines came in (the ones marked "blue sky") I bought one from IIRC, Southern Ohio gun.It was a mixed parts gun,I.H receiver ,Win trigger group and a lot of Springfield parts just like an arsenal rebuild here.It was in good working order but the bbl was pretty tired.I put a new bbl on it and am still shooting it.I believe they were about 390 dollars then from SOG.