The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 23, 2015, 06:55 PM   #1926
NvrGiveUp

Cincinnati area LEO here. No, I don't eat donuts.

I've been lurking for a long time, and finally decided I oughtta get off my duff and contribute.

Rob
Old November 25, 2015, 09:08 PM   #1927
Otto1791

Hello. 33 year old man from Rochester, NY. Joined yesterday in hopes of learning more and spreading my own knowledge. Looking to get my ffl for a SMALL home based business in the spring.
Old December 9, 2015, 12:13 PM   #1928
Cpmech

Hello

Hello, Brian here in Bellevue Ohio. I am 50 ,married with two kiddos. I am a maintenance man at the worlds greatest amusement park. New to reloading. I have been shooting all my life and am looking forward to learning a lot about reloading.
Old December 16, 2015, 04:38 PM   #1929
DANIEL_BOOME

DB's on The Firing Line (unarmed)

Hello Firing Line,

My name is Pat. I live in Montana. I'm not a gun enthusiast. I respect guns, I have owned one or two (by way of hand me down) but I'm just not a gun person. I used to carry a big sidearm while walking in a particular area here as a "peace of mind" for Grizzly encounters. I walk out in the woods almost everyday. After several years of doing so; I got in in my head that it was only a matter of time until I met up with a bad bear and I didn't want to be empty handed when that time came. So I borrowed a Ruger .44 (blackhawk?) from a buddy and carried it for one bear season. Then my buddy took the Ruger back and gave me a S&W 500 snub nose pack gun to use. I carried that for a little while and then that gun too went away so I started shopping around for my own gun. I applied for a license and went to a couple stores but I just couldn't find a gun that I felt I had to have so I bought the biggest can of pepper spray on the market (made right here in montana). Most experts say you are more likely to deter a bear attack with pepper spray anyway. Well, a few days after purchasing the pepper spray, I was heading up my favorite trail and I decided I would practice drawing out my spray weapon and try to get the feel of it. You know, draw it out, practice taking the safety off, see how long that takes ... you see where this is heading right? On about the third go, I drew out the canister, thumbed the safety off and BLAMO- maced myself- right in the face- direct hit- gassed my hair back- face completely orange. Thought I was going to die- for sure. I, somehow, managed to get back to my car and drove down the canyon, back to my house- screaming in pain- almost blind. During the excruciating 15 minutes that took- I managed to call 911. A sheriff's deputy met me at my house and walked me through the dish detergent wash off and rinse procedure and then, an hour or so later, I was 100% OK. My face just felt a little hot like a sunburn. My take away on that deal was- no guns for the kid. Having said that- I still like guns but just not in my hands- you know what I mean?
Old December 18, 2015, 10:26 PM   #1930
The Few The Proud

Hello

Hey there everybody I am a service connected disabled marine. I live in north west Ga near Chattanooga Tennessee. I have two kids. I have started an online gun store. I am interested in learning everything I don't know about firearms. I am open to learning.
Old December 18, 2015, 10:35 PM   #1931
gyvel

Quote:
I am interested in learning everything I don't know about firearms. I am open to learning.
Be prepared to hear anything and everything on this forum. As a general rule, go with your gut about what's good and what isn't. You'll find your gut is right most of the time.

Bottom line: Stock what sells and don't stock what doesn't sell.
SIFE
Old December 22, 2015, 05:28 PM   #1932
Squirrell223

Hello

Hello everyone my name is Josh from Florida I'm 25 and have been shooting for 19 years. Just looking to ask some questions and learn as much as I can. Thank you.
Old December 25, 2015, 02:37 PM   #1933
Billy Z

whats up fellas?

My name is Billy Z, from NJ. 30 years young. I am an avid sportsman. Primarily surf fishing and hunting archery. Due to an issue that I have recently ran into, Ive joined this forum in search of legal information regarding firearms purchase and ownership.
Old January 1, 2016, 04:29 PM   #1934
kenny53

My friends call me Kenny. I like guns and I like shooting them. I like fish and I like catching them. I live behind the "Zion curtain " in the great state of Utah. No I am not Mormon I just live among them. I Think I will enjoy this forum.
Old January 3, 2016, 05:31 PM   #1935
Deadeye9

Retired US Navy, Live In Ala. Married 50 yrs. Smithed about 10 yrs. Worked on lot of guns never fooled with Ammo. New reloader. 69 yrs.old. Love my country.
Old January 4, 2016, 03:58 PM   #1936
cathousedad

Thank you for the add.
Old January 7, 2016, 10:51 AM   #1937
Cymro

Long absent, but back now

Hello all!

It's been a long time since I've frequented these forums, but I thought i'd stick my head back in and see how things were going.

I'm a longtime shooter with an interest in tactics/combatives, homesteading, reading, writing, good beer and whiskey, cooking, chess, and a few other things. If that sounds like you, get in touch!

Cheers!

Michael
Old January 13, 2016, 08:52 PM   #1938
MadMike081393

Just another noon here lol where to ask questions on scope and rings? That's what I'm looking for and reason for joining
Old January 14, 2016, 06:58 PM   #1939
Double R

Hello good folks! I'm new here. I actually made my introduction in the semi auto pistol section and was directed here. Thanks administration for the redirection!

I've been a gun owner about all my life but recently been bitten by the hangun bug. I have 3 in my collection...a Glock 21, Desert Eagle Mark XIX 50AE, and a handed down 1911 Colt my father carried in Korea in the service. Look forward to learning much here. ☺

Ray
Old January 16, 2016, 05:48 PM   #1940
mooselips

Hi from Florida

Hi everyone, my name is Diane AKA Mooselips, and I just bought my very FIRST gun today.

I bought a Sig Sauer P238 Rosewood Tribal.

Only problem is it's on back order, and I won't get it for 4 to 6 weeks.
Crazy!
Everyone seems to be buying guns guns and more guns!

But it will give me plenty of time to sign up for a newbie to gun class, and a gun safety class, and get ready for my CW class.
Old January 19, 2016, 09:31 AM   #1941
AxlMyk

New user, and Glock owner

Hello all. Name is Mike. New forum member.
I am active on more than 50 forums and am familiar with the rules. I read the entire message on website lawsuits. Quite interesting.

I am just short of 67yo, married to a wonderful gal for 48 years today, 11 Grand kids, 3GGrandkids, and loving my 12 years of retirement from Ford motor as a trade journeyman leader.

Last month I decided I was going to train and apply for my CPL. My class is Jan. 30. The class is held by a very well respected trainer 1 mile from the house. We are a rural county, it's not hard to find hunt clubs and firing ranges.

I applied to purchase a handgun in Dec. but the FBI put my app on Delay status for some reason. I suspect someone with the same name has been a bad boy. So, my Wife bought it, and it is intended as a household weapon.
We bought a Glock 26 Gen4 9mm. What a wonderful piece of engineering. Just the right size for both of us. I put the medium beaver-tail backstrap, and clip extenders on it. I've put about 800 rounds through it in the last 3 weeks. Heck of a lot easier to use than my Fathers' WW2 Ithaca 45 auto. That's an heirloom now.

I chose to join thefiringline after visiting several firearm forums. I like vBulletin boards, and this one seems to be pretty free of "Ego trips". I like that. Thanks for accepting my application. I intend on being an active part of it.

Last edited by AxlMyk; January 19, 2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old January 19, 2016, 08:03 PM   #1942
Car12

My name is Jim and I'm a new member

I own several antique long-arms and pistols and have decided to get up to date on what I own. I'll be looking first for any thread on the value of a Springfield Model 1898 30-40 made in 1902. Any recommendations would be welcome. Thanks!
Old January 24, 2016, 11:06 AM   #1943
FFEMT93

Although it seems like long term members don't watch this thread; I'm 22 from PA. Just interested in some logical, intelligent conversation about certain aspects of guns and related discussion. I own 2 pistols; Glock and a S&W XDS; CC daily; and own a variate of rifles for hunting. Will venture into the semi-automatic sport shooting soon.
Old January 28, 2016, 09:24 PM   #1944
redlightrich

Hello All

Hi Everyone, my name is Rich and I come from NJ. I like to target shoot, and being I love all things mechanical, I love the engineering that goes into guns.
Even though I have been shooting since young, I only recently purchased my own.
I have seen a tremendous amount of knowledge on this board, and I hope to contribute some day.
Old January 29, 2016, 01:26 PM   #1945
ofavreau

Hello - my name is Owen

I am a relatively new gun owner - 1 month to be exact - I picked up a Glock 23 for HOME/personal defense and have been going to a local range shooting 180 gr reloads I buy there - I noticed Turner's had a sale on Hi-Point Carbines so I picked up a 4095TS-CA put a red dot sight on it and am very happy with it. The CA at the end of the Model Number means that it is currently legal in California.
Old February 4, 2016, 01:53 AM   #1946
SailingOnBy

Obligatory intro post goes here!

New gun owner, bought a Beretta PX4 Storm for the wife and a Glock 19 for the self. We're both really enjoying shooting them at the range, and I think I might like to get into competitive shooting.

Glad to be aboard!
Old February 5, 2016, 04:42 PM   #1947
GreenTea

Hi everyone,
I'm a complete novice in the world of guns, having just attended an intro to handguns class (safety, laws, etc.) at the local gun club. I tried shooting several different guns during the class. It was the first time in my life that I had ever held a handgun. I enjoyed it and was very happy with my results, although some guns were pretty hard to handle (I'm 5'4" female). I would like to practice more and also learn more about guns. I don't own any guns yet but was researching a few, so I found this forum.

Last edited by GreenTea; February 6, 2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old February 12, 2016, 01:03 AM   #1948
Atypical

Hello and thank you for letting me join.

My name is Drew and I live in Kansas, I'm a power lineman and I don't have any military experience. I do spend most of my time (and money) on things firearm related, the wife would call that an understatement haha

I joined because this group is 1 of a small handful that seems to know what what your talking about.
Old February 12, 2016, 01:32 PM   #1949
Smokeater5

Hi folks!
My name is Wayne and I'm up in Ontario Canada. I'm a soon-to-retire Asst Fire Chief in a small town in the "great white north". I live just north of Lake Huron, (Georgian Bay), in a great area for hunting and fishing.
I am an avid hunter, moose, deer and small game.
Great to be a member of TFL.
Right now I'm curious as to what the average spread is of 00 buck (3"), fired from a 12 ga. with an 18.5" bbl. at an approximate distance of 20 yds.?
Old February 12, 2016, 09:03 PM   #1950
FNS-40

Hello from Florida.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent