The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Closed Thread

Old April 2, 2013, 12:20 PM   #101
jason41987

Never occurred to you that they use the magazines due to NATO standardization,, and the AUG uses its own, curved mags..

Also, there wouldnt be a SCAR or ACR if the AR15 didnt have glaring flaws in need of correction.. Notice zero of the rifles you mentioned adopted the flaws I mentioned? They all have internal rails for the carrier to ride on, none of them are direct impinged, and no buffer tubes either... I wonder why theyd eliminate all of these features if they werent inherent flaws?
Old April 2, 2013, 12:27 PM   #102
tahunua001

nato standardization has nothing to do with parts interchangeability it has to do with ammo interchangeability. oh my lord your points are starting to become completely incoherent and bordering on lunacy.

perhaps you would also notice that aside from the AUG, none of those rifles have been picked up by any modern military in the world in anything but a limited capacity. the stoner rifle design is used and favored by general infantry and spec ops groups world wide for a reason. civilian companies do not design new rifles because they think there is a problem with what is already on the market. they make new models so that they can make a profit without having to pay trademark royalties.
Old April 2, 2013, 12:28 PM   #103
Mausermolt

i dont think jason knows what he is talking about. please read this independent torture test and then tell me the AR is not a very well designed firearm.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/bras...el-cased-ammo/

if you do then you are just stubborn and dont like to admit you are wrong. i personally ran my bushmaster with a mix of wolf, reloads, and a little bit of American Eagle over a period of 2 years riding around in the tractor, truck, and every other dusty nasty environment you can think of without oil. i finally started getting stoppages at 1500 rnds. the only thing i did was run a bore snake down the barrel to clean out the dust. which would not affect the reliability.
Old April 2, 2013, 12:30 PM   #104
Spats McGee
Staff

Please stop the bickering.
Old April 2, 2013, 12:31 PM   #105
Mausermolt

and the stoppages come to find out were from weak magazine springs, but i had already cleaned the rifle so my test was prematurely cut short :/
Old April 2, 2013, 12:35 PM   #106
tahunua001

Quote:
you are just stubborn and dont like to admit you are wrong
I think this is definitely playing a factor. I'm done with this topic. I have better things to do with my time than try to change someone's mind that has no intention of listening to reason and adjusting their views accordingly.
Old April 2, 2013, 02:23 PM   #107
jason41987

you were actually trying to convince people into your ideals? i was merely stating facts about how the AR15 and AK BOTH have their flaws which was quite on topic
Old April 2, 2013, 03:44 PM   #108
Strafer Gott

Q: So why do the AK guys only get 3 mags issued?
A: Simple. They aren't expected to live long enough to need a fourth.
Old April 2, 2013, 03:47 PM   #109
Spats McGee
Staff

On that note, closed.