The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 1, 2005, 11:46 AM   #1
Evader1

Back Home!!!

Well Folks I just got back from Deer Camp "05" late last night!! Best season we've ever had, One monster seven pointer and 3 doe! We're up in the NE part of PA about an hour from NY. We had some of the biggest deer this year, not sure if because the deer are eating better, or good game management, either way we all ain't complaning! Didn't want to leave, but it's good to be home again! Ya look forward to it all year and before you know it, you're on the turnpike driving home!
Old December 1, 2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Bowtier

Way to go

Sounds like you're not far from me, I was also pleased at the deer I saw the first day. I'm not lucky enough to have vacation to go to deer camp so I just get to hunt the first day & Saturdays . Oh well...someday...

What county you huntin' in? Three points on a side or 4?
Old December 1, 2005, 12:32 PM   #3
mete

NE PA requires at least 3 points on one side. I'm hunting in PA for the first time since deer are rare in Sullivan NY [ one club of 20 members got only 1 deer in 5 days !! ] The deer take in Pike co PA has not been very good.I only saw does , no bucks. I guess I'll be hungry this winter .
Old December 1, 2005, 12:32 PM   #4
Evader1

We go up in WMU 3D
Old December 1, 2005, 01:13 PM   #5
Bowtier

Oops

Read it wrong, I'm over in WMU 1A, I read it as NW PA, out of habit i guess??

Hunted up in 1B Monday though. Trophies up there ... 4 points on 1 side
Old December 1, 2005, 01:13 PM   #6
Tom Matiska

We had great luck in 3D also. Three of us took an 8 pointer and 2 large doe from game land 91 first thing Monday morning. I think the nice weather helped. Lots of hunter activity seemed to be moving the deer all over the place.
Old December 1, 2005, 03:54 PM   #7
Evader1

You ain't kidding Tom, any of you guys have that really warm weather? I had my suit unzipped and no gloves it was so warm. I think they were moving alot cause we all got our deer at around 10:45am. I forgot to send some pic's here ya go. Anyone else some pics to throw in? First pic is the doe's we got, second is my Doe, Third is where I was sitting when I got her and the last was the sunset on our last night there over a field.