The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 19, 2010, 06:28 AM   #1
Headgear

Good prices for .308 bullets?

High guys,

I've been shooting my first Garand over the last couple of months and was loading 168 BTHP match kings. I just wanted everything to be very good so I could see what the rifle could do. As I expected, it's a lot better than I am, but I'll bet I don't need to be shooting that grade of bullet to practice. I shoot 200 yards at an NRA-SR-C target and am practicing to shoot better scores, not just plinking.

Any ideas on what type of bullet would be best for this and where to find good prices?

Thanks!
Old March 19, 2010, 09:08 AM   #2
riverwalker76

Remington and Winchester both sell bulk bullets at a reasonable price. That's about as cheap as you are going to get unless you find a bunch of pulled surplus bullets at a gun show.
Old March 19, 2010, 09:41 AM   #3
hagar

Nosler 168 grain seconds at http://www.shootersproshop.com/index...%20Competition