The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old September 20, 1999, 01:57 PM   #1
ClydeVA

Glock 29 Standard Fixed sights without the ejector upgrade. I did go ahead and get the mag finger extentions (sp)

Shoot it Sunday. Only about 75 rds. Ran some Atlanta Arms 180's though it. I am ready to start reloading now so I can spend some Quality time with my G29. The gun was very soft shooting - Wife even Loved it Hope I don't have to get another one I feel the ammo may have been mild. I will be loading some hot 135 & 155 to play with in the next month or so.

Did some double tap drills on Pepper poppers at 13 yards and Multi- targets at 15 then some 40 yard stuff at Pepper Poppers also.

Nice gun
May I have another Please

------------------

Old September 20, 1999, 07:34 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Love mine, Clyde.
Unfortunately, after about 30-50 rounds my grip unconsciouly tightens. Sooner or later, on recoil I feel a "tick"...mag release pressed again. This may be the fault of having Gunsite taper the grip in a Robar imitation.

In any case, I'm not yet ready to employ it for carry.

Tip for you: Georgia Arms. The tip a fairly hot 10mm with Gold Dot 180hp's at aprice that'll allow you to practice with your carry ammo.

Enjoy. It's a great weapon...I'm not the best operator for it.....yet!
Rich
Old September 20, 1999, 10:20 PM   #3
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

Clyde,

Pay attention to the Georgia Arms tip. That's my carry ammo, too. Glad you like the 29.