The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 29, 2011, 08:55 PM   #1
troopcom

SKS scout scope mount

What's the best scout scope, and mount to put on my SKS? I want one that does not require removal when I want to clean the gas tube.
Old November 30, 2011, 02:47 PM   #2
WALKERsD210

SKS Scope and Mount

I had to try a couple different setups before I hit on this one from CTD. I had to do some filing on the inside lip to make it work but so far its doing the job on my Yugo. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/52779-1.html
Old November 30, 2011, 03:03 PM   #3
plumbercrack

I too went through a couple different mounts. I like this one and if you have a Yugo like me you have to file the fron tabs a little.
http://www.gunstuff4you.com/product/59781

I filed mine just right and it fits snug. Stay away from the Leapers mount, I tried it and could never get it to work right. Check out the rest of the website and you can find a scope you want.

Last edited by plumbercrack; November 30, 2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Bad Spelling
Old December 1, 2011, 10:03 AM   #4
hornetguy

I don't remember the brand, but I bought a side mount that required the drilling and tapping of two holes on the side of the receiver (no big problem). A base rail is bolted to the receiver at that point, and it has a mount that bolts to the base with one big screw (and two locating pins IIRC) You can remove the mount and scope by loosening the one screw, and it is probably as solid, or more solid than any other kind of mount, since it bolts to the receiver itself, and not the sloppy cover.
Old December 7, 2011, 08:57 PM   #5
aaronious45

The past 2 aren't scout scope mounts and I wouldn't recommend either. Scouts copes.com is where I got mine and it's awesome
Old December 16, 2011, 03:47 PM   #6
curly45

sks scope mounts

I Got a scope mount from ScoutScopes.com easy to replace the rear site on my yugo and it is very solid