The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 13, 2006, 09:06 AM   #1
40MM

Lee Pro 1000...

First off, a little history as to what lead me to buy the Pro 1000. My first reloading press was a Lee Turret single stage. It was a simple and non complicated piece of equipment that got the job done for me. I was happy churning out 100-150 rounds in a hour or so because I only shoot 100 rounds a week in any case. Then, I decided to make my life complicated. I bought a slightly used Lee Load master. I broke it after 15 Min's! I promptly pulled it from the bench, dumped it, and I mean DUMPED it , in the garage. I was beyond mad!
So, yesterday I bought a brand new Lee Pro 1000, took it out the box, set it up in a few minutes and loaded up a couple hundred rounds! I just couldn't stop once I started, it was so much fun! The rounds just kept pouring out, falling all over the bench, like gold from the heavens! So far, I like this press but I will post updates for those interested to see what problems I experience!
Old December 13, 2006, 10:20 AM   #2
sodflyer

Hummm.,.. yeah I would like to know how it turns out for you. I only have a single stage but keep thinking of how cool it would be to have another setup.... man that would be nice
Old December 13, 2006, 10:24 AM   #3
VUPDblue

I absolutely loathe the PRO 1000. The primer feed system is unreliable and terribly engineered. Mine had its good days and its bad days, eventually the bad days piled up enough for me to trade it for a Dillon.
Old December 13, 2006, 12:32 PM   #4
Scorch

I've used a Pro 1000 for over 20 years now for handgun and small rifle rounds. Yes, the primer feed system needs to be cleaned out with a Q-Tip occasionally, and the plastic parts wear, but it is so quick to set up and it can really crank out the rounds. I realize it has its limitations, but I like mine.

Friends of mine have Dillons and love them, but complain about how long it takes to set up and start loading. I have been thinking about a LoadMaster for rifle ammo, but I'll have to see about using one first.
Old December 13, 2006, 06:55 PM   #5
benedict1

Be happy to have that Load Master!

If you want to get rid of that Load Master I will take it off your hands for the cost of shipping it to me. Just send me a private message and we'll work out the details.