The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 24, 2009, 09:24 AM   #1
hardedge

Looking for a Mossberg 151M Gunsmith

Forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong forum. I have a 151M that jams with regularity. My local gunsmith says he's cleaned it twice and checked for burrs and the gun is working fine. Unfortunately, for me, it jams every couple of rounds.

I'm told that the problem could involve the cut-off spring or the tension spring at the end of the feed tube. Those things are well beyond my pay grade as I've only been involved with firearms for about three months (late bloomer).

I like the 151M (just bought a 151K). When it fires, it's accurate as heck. If anyone knows of a gunsmith familiar with the rifle, I'd appreciate a lead. I'm in NJ but will ship. Thanks!
Old August 24, 2009, 09:27 AM   #2
JWT

Contact Mossberg (their on line site has instructions for contacting them). Tell them what's going on with the gun and then send it to them. It may be covered under warranty.
Old August 24, 2009, 09:34 AM   #3
hardedge

Don't think so. The 151M was produced between 1946 and 1947. That would be the best warranty in the history of the universe.

I got a handle on the possible problems from a retired gunsmith at the National Mossberg Collectors Associations but they don't do repairs. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tags
151m , gunsmith , mossberg