The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 4, 2010, 06:35 PM   #1
royaluno

Any kahr people out there???????????

I have a k9 Elite on lay-a-way and why you ask......I went on the KHAR Forum site, great people there!
There is a virus/worm there and the end result was, I had to take my computer to get it cleaned and reloaded. It seems whenever I have a little extra cash to spend on my hobby, it goes to these kind of things..........NO FUN there!I still can't get on there without big issues and I don't want to send my computer back to the shop. Is this my problem or are any of you currently having and/or had issues like this?
P.S. How is Jocko doing?
Old October 4, 2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Shadi Khalil

Are you talking about problems with a Kahr Internet forum or in some way correlating that to the actual firearm? The post is kinda confusing.
Old October 4, 2010, 07:12 PM   #3
royaluno

I am talking about the Kahr internet foram. I was just complaning I was unable to get my pistol because money went elswhere Again (fix my computer).
Old October 4, 2010, 10:57 PM   #4
OldLincoln

I'm really sorry you had to do that. As near as they can tell it wasn't the Kahrtalk forum that was hit, but the hosting company's server. They host several sites and one got infected.

The alarm actually came from Google who either subscribes to or has there own attack tracking feature. Problem is it's easy to get on the list but difficult to get off. My company's primary server was blacklisted because our host company also hosted a couple **** sites that got infected. It took several months before they ran a sweep to clear us.

Like my case, Kahrtalk is not at fault and you should not have contracted anything there. I am on there several times a day and ran a scan on my system without a hit.

Since the alert is still active, if you use Firefox you can set it to ignore the warning as follows:

Open the Options window ALT+O (letter)
Click on Security (padlock icon)
Un-check "Block reported attack sites"
Click OK to close options.

Jocko is in a world of pain but is healing from severe road rash and something is wrong with a shoulder. He looks through the forum occasionally and appreciates the well wishes, but just not up to posting yet.
Old October 5, 2010, 06:43 AM   #5
PSP

The Kahrtalk forum is now clean and ready for use. Sorry you had the problems. The K9 elite is worth saving again to purchase one. Great gun.