The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old May 23, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1
bignic83

Rock River Arms AR15

Just bought an RRA Elite Comp AR15. Used to be known as Elite Operator. Can't wait to get it on the range. Any thoughts?
Old May 23, 2013, 06:48 PM   #2
CharlieDeltaJuliet

I love RRA. I own many AR's from an Hk MR556, DDV4, S&W M&P15, CMMG, two custom builds and a RRA Varmint 24" SS bull barrel. It is a sub MOA gun easily. The only think I have one is swap the upper itself. It had the EOP upper and I put a flattop on it. I really think they are one of the most underrated AR's on the market. You will be happy I bet. I have yet to personally meet a RRA AR owner who doesn't love their rifle. I cannot wait to try one of their AK's. I have never wanted to own an AK until seeing theirs in their catalog.
..." - Thomas Jefferson
Old May 24, 2013, 01:22 AM   #3
Formynder

I have both the RRA Elite Operator 2 and a LAR-8. I'm a big fan of Rock River now. Enough that I got a RR lower parts kit for the custom build I'm making now.
Old May 24, 2013, 02:42 PM   #4
Darker Loaf

I have an Elite Operator 2 with around 2000+ rounds through it. I took a beginner's carbine course with it and suffered no non-user related errors with the gun. It's perhaps my most reliable gun, other than my Kahr K9 Elite, which has experienced no malfunctions. I love my gun! The only thing I didn't like about it was the hand guard, which was too heavy and bulky for me (and like almost all my guns, just about everything on it has been replaced except the internals).
Old May 24, 2013, 07:28 PM   #5
Patriot86

I have just a plain ole LAR-15 and besides being a little stiff when I first got it its been a nail driver ever since. About 1000 rounds, not ONE failure PERIOD using any kind of ammo.

I have been thinking of building a 20"-A4 type rifle for use as a dedicated varmint gun.
Old May 27, 2013, 07:31 PM   #6
RangerHAAF

You won't be disappointed. I own an LAR-8 that I use for hunting(despite what ignorant anti-gun restrictionists say) and it's one of the best tools in my safe.
A Colt Python's trigger pull is as smooth, beautiful and artistic as a Sidewinder sliding on the desert floor. It is concepts like this that the anti-gunners can never comprehend and why we fight so hard to keep them.
NRA Benefactor Life member
Old May 27, 2013, 09:08 PM   #7
Beentown71

Re: Rock River Arms AR15

RRA's are one of my favorites. My custom ATH is under.66" in 5 shot @ 100m groups.

My pins are still STIFF after 1,200 rounds and it is a bit annoying. Only complaint and that is a great thing!
Old May 27, 2013, 11:16 PM   #8
btmj

Every person who has shot my RRA has been impressed. I think the 2 stage trigger is quite good, and a big step forward over the standard mil-spec trigger.

I have a Nikon 1-4x20 scope, which I recommend for this weapon.
Old May 28, 2013, 04:34 AM   #9
LockedBreech

RRA is what my local police department uses, and it's Wyoming so they get broken out more than you'd think (pest control). They are very good rifles. Perhaps not an apocalypse-ready nuke-proof tool like Daniel Defense/Colt/Noveske, but at their very competitive price point compared to those nameplates they produce an excellent and reliable AR.

I'd probably take an RRA even over a M&P15 or Sig M400. Great track record.
Old May 29, 2013, 06:40 PM   #10
orddy

Choice in AR's

1. RRA or Stag
2. ........
Old June 2, 2013, 11:39 PM   #11
Lateck

Another RRA lover here too. (LAR-15)
My first and only (at the moment) AR.
Not a single problem.
You can't go wrong with one.

Lateck,