The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old June 23, 2007, 08:53 PM   #26
nutty ned

Best way to freeze meat

I use Ziploc freezer bags, then wrap in freezer paper. The key is get as much air out as possible and a good seal. After 2 yrs I only get slight freezer burn that can be shaved off or ignored as well.
Old June 24, 2007, 04:31 AM   #27
fixboot

I only know of this with my fish, I don't have the slightest clue how it would work out with deer.

I take a very large Zip-loc freezer bag, fill it with water, drop in the fish and flash freeze it into a solid chunk of ice. I had salmon not long ago that had been in about 6 months. Tasted great. I was impressed since salmon is one of those things that doesn't usually age well when frozen. SMOKED, thats a different story. YUM!

Would this work with any meat?
Nothing is more satisfying than a brick of .22, a few empty soda cans and all day to shoot at them..........nothing other than......Hmm...maybe my AK-47 and a bag of apples? DAMMIT who has 7.62x39 on sale right now?