The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 21, 2008, 09:11 PM   #1
BerettaBill

CX4 red dot advice.

I am obtaining a Beretta CX4 40 S&W next week. It comes with one bottom and side rail mount. I have never owned a carbine rifle or an assault rifle. I want to put a red dot scope on my new carbine. I need to know what type of top rail mount I'll need. Also I need some advice on some good brands and models of red dots. I have a budget of about $150-$175 for the red dot. I saw some TruGlo red dots in Midway's catalog for about $150. In my research I have found that most of these scopes are meant to be mounted on a weaver rail mount. Also I need to know if I'll need rings and I need to know if a 1x is best or is a 2x or 3x best. I know this is alot to ask but I am totally clueless about these modifications. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old February 21, 2008, 09:23 PM   #2
hoytinak

The rail you will need, if it doesn't have it already...they are coming with the rails now. http://www.shopberetta.com/e2wItemMa...0253:008000256 You can prolly find them cheaper if you shop around.

As for the red dot, after searching around for a red dot for mine I went with the cheap BSA. These style 30mm red dots are one of the only ones that co-wittness' with the factory irons sights allowing you to use them without taking it off. I've been very pleased with it and it's held it's zero, even being tossed around the truck a little.