The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 3, 2009, 09:58 PM   #1
coondogger

jericho

Anyone here own a Jericho 941 or its American derivative the baby eagle (actually same gun, different name). If so, how do you like it?
Old February 3, 2009, 10:05 PM   #2
golfnutrlv

I don't own one, but have heard a lot of people who say they are great! Someone who owns one can weigh in.
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Old February 4, 2009, 07:11 AM   #3
roman3

I had the old 941 kit, with both the 9mm and 41AE components. The gun is a great handgun, its very heavy for a 9mm but also has little felt recoil. The decocker/safety is located on the slide and, I guess aided in racking the slide but I felt it was sometimes in the way.

Nevertheless, I liked the gun very much but eventually someone made me an offer on it so I parted ways with it.

The 41AE, the ammo being all but extinct, was a much more stoudt round , more snap than the 40SW.

Its biggest drawback was its weight, I felt it was heavier than the SW5906 another all steel 9mm, otherwise its a great gun.

Great link below

http://members.shaw.ca/sherm/jericho/Page1.html

And general info

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapo...o/Jericho.html
Old February 4, 2009, 08:55 AM   #4
JoeWV

Yea, I've got the BE in .40, semi-compact steel frame. I havent had the chance to put a lot of rounds through it, but so far it seems to be a really good gun. Before I bought it, I also shot a Beretta 92/96 stainless, (not sure what the model # of it was) in .40 cal. I liked the Baby Eagle better. The Beretta 'looked' better, but I just liked the way the BE fit my hand and shot.

Finding accesories for it isn't as easy as most other firearms. I ended up just taking the gun to a local gun store and testing it in different holsters, none of the ones I bought off the Net fit it right. I did find a 13 round mag for it from Mag. Reseach's site.

Hope this helps.
Old February 4, 2009, 03:02 PM   #5
duboy

I have a Jericho 941FS in .45

it has no import markings the safety is on the frame not the slide, and it does not have a decocker.

i've had mine going on 6 years now and it's been flawless. it's heavy, but it's a pleasure to shoot. eats any type of ammo i feed it and it can group very well.

my problem with it...the grip screws back out a little after 75 - 100 rounds and the screws have to get tightened down again. nothing falls off, but the grips get a little loose. i plan on getting new wood grips soon so maybe then i'll lock tite it or something.
Old February 8, 2009, 11:30 PM   #6
chemgirlie

I have a baby eagle in .45 ACP. It's an all steel semi-compact model. The safety also functions as a decocker (so cocking and locking isn't an option.) I quite like it. One of the big things that I liked is that I can get a good grip on it. I'm a lady with normal sized hands (which is small by male standards), so it's sometimes hard to find one that "fits" me properly. It has a good balance to it, I've never had any problems with it, and it's just an all around fun gun to shoot. If you liked the CZ-75 you'll like the baby eagle series. The beagles are clones of the CZs, and I loved them, so it stands to reason that my beagle is a good fit for me.

Last edited by chemgirlie; February 9, 2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old February 9, 2009, 12:05 AM   #7
tomh1426

I have a "baby" Desert Eagle in .40S&W, I like it alot but it is kinda heavy if you plan on carrying it.
Not alot of parts for it but theirs none really needed, I added some Hogue grips and it really fits my hand perfectly now.
mine has polygonal rifling which seems easier to clean, never had a failure of any kind.
Old February 9, 2009, 03:48 AM   #8
CWiley

My first gun that I purchased was a Baby Eagle full size 9mm all steel. Great gun and I didn't mind the weight because it was a range gun. I sold it today to fund another gun purchase. I plan on buying another one in a finish that isn't blued, thinking about bright or satin nickel.
Old February 9, 2009, 03:51 AM   #9
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
...my problem with it...the grip screws back out a little after 75 - 100 rounds and the screws have to get tightened down again.
Interesting. I recently purchased a CZ75B (the Jericho/DE pistols are CZ75 derivatives) and was surprised to find that the grip screws were "loc-tited" in place. Sounds like perhaps loosening screws are a known issue in this family of pistols.
Old February 9, 2009, 07:46 AM   #10
NickW

Great Weapon, very heavy but I like my handguns with some weight to them, never jammed, had to part with it because of another purchase. When I get the money I will be looking to buy another one.