The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old September 3, 2010, 12:14 AM   #26
Master_Of_Metal

I would have loved to add another K31 to my collection.
Old September 5, 2010, 11:16 AM   #27
akadave

Thats too bad you didnt get along with the K31 Raftman. In my experience they are far more accurate than any C&R Mauser model I have ever shot, and better built. They are heavy but only because they are over-built but they are amazing at the range. I have never seen a commercial bolt action that is as consistently accurate as any of the 4 K31's I have. I have several K98's, a couple with "new" barrels, M1 Garands setup for CMP matches, a mint Persian Mauser (have had several), and have had a bunch of the Czek Mausers which were unissued for the most part. None of them could touch the K31 with GP-11 even with commercial and handloaded ammo.
Old September 5, 2010, 11:40 AM   #28
raftman

Don't get me wrong, it is/was clearly that it's a fine rifle... but it's like they say, there's no accounting for taste. I don't shoot competitively, I just like old military rifles and think it's fun to shoot them. For my purposes a Mauser is accurate enough and just fits me better.
Old September 19, 2010, 12:40 PM   #29
LuCiFeRsHaL0

Mauser k98

I have 4 k98's one is a gi bring back which i have NEVER shot and will keep it that way. I've not had any issues with them and I use one of them for hunting because the waffenamps and symbols have been peened out and scrubbed off so its basically just a good shooting/hunting rifle. I am very curious to get a k31 but they just look so freakin odd! Going off of what you all have been saying as far as the accuracy goes I might give them a shot.