The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 14, 2010, 04:27 PM   #26
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

That's weird, I use the free version of Tapatalk on my iPhone 4 and I don't get that pop-up, ever. I've never gotten ANY pop-up in Tapatalk except the one asking about signing in as Peetzakilla or as a guest.
Old December 14, 2010, 04:31 PM   #27
LinuxHack3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetzakilla View Post
That's weird, I use the free version of Tapatalk on my iPhone 4 and I don't get that pop-up, ever. I've never gotten ANY pop-up in Tapatalk except the one asking about signing in as Peetzakilla or as a guest.
That's because he's seeing it in the Safari browser on his iPod Touch. Try visiting TFL from your browser on a mobile device and you'll see what I mean. It says something like "This forum is Android Native. Click ok to read more about Tapatalk". I suppose it replaces "Android" with whatever mobile device you are using.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old December 14, 2010, 04:58 PM   #28
orangello

Quote:
It could be argued that you don't wanna support them for spamming practically all mobile users with the above mentioned message, but it is capitalism here and I have a feeling that they loosely know what they are doing with the plugin
The $3 comment was out of spite for their spamming that has ruined browsing this site from my iPod. I can't blame them for advertising, though; i guess it is no sillier than people with "Mugen" stickers on their rear car window. Annoying though, darn annoying.

Posted from my desktop, 'cause Tapatalk has polluted my mobile browsing experience.
Old December 14, 2010, 06:31 PM   #29
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Is there a cookie setting in Safari for the iPad? If so, enable cookies, at least from TFL, and it should only happen one time after that....