The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 5, 2009, 02:32 AM   #1
skeeter

"flawless"Python defective-watch out for this guy

I sent my $1360 postal money order to cue7467 , out of Noblesville IN.,who had a "flawless" Python for sale on Gunbroker, item #128457942. Well at first I was upset that the grips were totally mis-matched with one being light blonde and the other being a very dark wood. But that was nothing compared to my first attempt to shoot it. Out of about 35 rounds 7 times the hammer would not be able to be pulled back to fire it single action. It just jammed solid about a 1/4" back. When I released the hammer back down I heard a click and then I could fire single action on the same chamber.
When I e-mailed the seller that the gun was defective he said "what don't you understand about a consignment gun ?", " I only made $10 on the sale which was my transfer fee" and there was nothing he would do about it. Did not even say he was sorry to hear I had the problem. I am still waiting to hear from Gunbroker to see if they consider this fraud and will offer their $500 fraud protection to me. Today I Fed Ex'd the Python back to Colt at a cost of $76 plus the repair bill plus return shipping and I still will have badly mis-matched grips.
I did check his ratings out which were 1 neg out of 29 positives but all the ratings except 2 were too old to read the details about or get any information from. Of the 2 I could read one was for him buying a $12 part. It seems on Gunbroker you can get a large positive rating just by buying 30 small cheap items or selling inexpensive items maybe even to friends.
I wish there was a place on this forum where people could post negative experiences that could save us from buying from people who do not stand behind their sales. I even suggested that we spilt the repair bill which is way more fair than what should have been done which is him taking the gun back and returning my money.
What I learned from all this is to only buy with a credit card.Anybody else with similiar situations?
Old June 5, 2009, 02:39 AM   #2
hoytinak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter
I wish there was a place on this forum where people could post negative experiences that could save us from buying from people who do not stand behind their sales.
There is, right here: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...splay.php?f=35
Old June 5, 2009, 08:24 AM   #3
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
maybe even to friends.
If you have multiple pay for e-mail accounts you can do fake buys. It is a problem.
Old June 5, 2009, 09:00 AM   #4
skydiver3346

Buying guns on line:

Hi Skeeter,
I am so very sorry to hear about your situation and experience on Gunbroker. When we purchase anything online (from any website) we are taking a chance, period. I personally have experienced that two situation two different times before (a nice watch and a Ruger No. 1). One on Gunbroker and one on Ebay. I found myself not telling any of my friends about it because I was embarrased that I could be taken like that. Of course I reported it to the sites and even the police depts in those towns. Finally received my Ruger No. 1 rifle (two months later), but never got anything on the watch, (was told the guy left town after screwing a lot of people).

Now with that said, I have purchased many, many firearms off the internet before and after those experiences. I refuse to belive that you can't do business with decent folks on the internet. I have purchased over 30 guns via the internet (Gunbroker and Guns/America) over all these years and only had one problem (Ruger No. 1) in all that time. So I think that the vast majority of purchases are completed in positive manner for both parties.

Note: I now only do business with sellers who have 100% feedback on Ebay and Gunbroker.com. But that is just my personal requirement. I have 100% feedback on these sites and expect the same from sellers. No problems since that I adopted that approach to buying items online. Even if you are getting a good deal (price), I still only buy from people with perfect feedback since I had my problems. Sure, I missed out on some great buys because someone didn't have 100% feedback but I have made my choice and sticking to it.
Old June 5, 2009, 10:46 AM   #6
gunner79

looks like my old friend cue is at it again!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=128457942
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=357887
Old June 5, 2009, 08:26 PM   #7
The_Vigilante

"flawless"Python defective-watch out for this guy

Seems like a fraudulent deal to me. Description is "Like New in Box", flawless condition. Cue needs to take a lesson in ethics.
Old June 15, 2009, 04:08 AM   #8
skeeter

Thought I would just update you all on my dealing with cue 7467 and his "flawless" Python. I got a bill from Colt for a minimum $85 to fix this "flawless" Python and they said it might even be more. They expect to have it back to me the second week in August. Then I still have to spend another $125 to $175 for a set of grips to replace the "flawless" mis-matched grips the gun came with. Anyone here want to buy a mis-matched set of grips?
Gunbroker is still investigating a fraud claim and I will see what comes of that.
Old June 15, 2009, 06:31 AM   #9
NGIB

It's truly amazing that this fella has not been banned from every online site...

I'm old, grumpy, and jaded - still vertical though...
Old June 15, 2009, 07:36 AM   #10
gunner79

well he is selling his goods here
Old June 15, 2009, 10:45 AM   #11
Nick-Mc

At least you and Gunner have put your experiences with him up here so we can avoid cue. I know I won't be doing business with him.
Old June 15, 2009, 11:10 AM   #12
djohn

Wow sorry skeeter that really bits and a lot of money to have a broken gun.Man that old saying what goes around comes around, I hope has some merrit to that saying but I doubt it.

Gunner79 I knew that name cued looked familiar.I remember the experience you had about the payment delay I think. You where on the money then and now.
Old June 15, 2009, 07:08 PM   #13
skeeter

I got a call from cue7467 just now with him saying he would split the cost of new grips by sending me $75. He says he did not see the bottom of the grips where they meet to know they were mis-matched and I guess that is possible when you are handling a lot of guns but you should check the whole gun.
It is also true that without actually firing the gun you would not know that the gun is defective. I doubt he can fire every gun he sells so I will take him at his word he did not know it was defective. Whoever fired that gun last knew it was defective and Coltluv1 says it was his gun and he fired it last and he sold it to Cue7467. He should be paying for the grips and repairs.
Let cue7467 stand on his merits with other buyers. It has been a nightmare for me and cue7467 and if he sends the $75 at least we are meeting half way and half way is fair.
Coltluv1 says it was his gun before selling it to cue7467 but I understand it might have been his grandfather's gun and his grandfather who is very old might have been too feeble (with all due respect) to notice the problem. I really do not want to think that someone would knowingly sell a defective gun, I surely would not.
There is a good exchange between me and Coltluv1 on the Coltforum.com (either the general discussion or revolvers). Now that the gun is being repaired Coltluv1 is offering to take it back minus the $196 I have invested (Colt's bill of $85 which can be higher) plus the 2 shipping charges.It could have made the offer way before I sent it back to Colt. I bet he would like to have a free repair on it.
Old June 16, 2009, 08:19 AM   #14
Coyote Hitman

Always an excuse and a tangled web of deception from what I have seen. I wonder how many bad transactions have gone unreported.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.
Old June 25, 2009, 11:42 PM   #15
skeeter

He said he would send me a pair of new Python grips for $75. I took him up on the offer and he now does not respond to my e-mails.
Cue, what is up with your offer?
Old June 26, 2009, 05:59 PM   #16
johnwilliamson062

LOL. I don't even feel bad for you at this point. Th guy is still a jerk though. Didn't you pay with USPS MO? Get in contact with the Postmaster General about the fraud involved with this.

I am still laughing.
Old June 28, 2009, 06:37 PM   #17
Coyote Hitman

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...hlight=cue7467
Old June 28, 2009, 07:06 PM   #18
Mal H
Staff

Quote:
Cue, what is up with your offer?
As of June 15th, I wouldn't be waiting for a response from cue7467.
Old June 28, 2009, 09:55 PM   #19
gunner79

Quote:
As of June 15th, I wouldn't be waiting for a response from cue7467
Did you get rid of him?
Old June 28, 2009, 10:02 PM   #20
hoytinak

I didn't post it on here but did PM a couple people about my experience with cue7467. I sold him a CMMG AR upper for $650 shipped and I went ahead and shipped the upper before I got the payment. (like I've done with MANY people on here that have good feedback and have been on here a while) The only method of payment I told him was a USPS MO. It took a little over 7 weeks (after me emailing/PM him) to get a personal check in the mail. I did get my payment but like I told other's in the PM's, I'll never deal with him again.