The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 16, 2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Rob62

Trijicon Accupoint scope on a .50 BMG ?

Anyone use a Trijicon TR22-1 (AccuPoint 2.5-10x56, standard Crosshair with Amber Dot) rifle scope on a .50 BMG chambered rifle ?

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...php?pid=TR22-1

I know the old adage that "its not if a scope on a .50 will break, its when will it break".

However, even with that being true what are your thoughts of this scope on a single shot .50 BMG rifle such as the Barrett ?

Thanks in Advance,

Rob
Old October 16, 2012, 07:31 PM   #2
CharlieDeltaJuliet

I run a Bushnell Tactical Elite 4.5-30x50 on my BA50 Bushmaster. I had a S&B on it but realized I did not want to take a chance on breaking it. I was thoroughly impressed with Bushnell and the warranty on it. They offered a 1 year period that if I am not happy with it, return it to them for the full purchase price. Plus a full lifetime warranty. I love Trijicon, and if I am not mistaken they have a lifetime warranty also. So you will be fine. Enjoy that rifle brother, they are a rush... You will be very pleased with the Trijicon.
..." - Thomas Jefferson
Old October 16, 2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Creeper

Only the AccuPoint 5X20 is equipped with parallax adjustment. I don't know what you're using the gun for, but with the long range capabilities of a 50BMG... you might want to take that lacking feature into consideration.

C