The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 22, 2009, 07:45 PM   #1
hometheaterman

When were the Earnhardt special edition Remingtons made?

When were the Remington 870 and 11-87's made that were the special Earnhardt senior edition? How much were they when new? What are they worth now?

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=147756505

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=147594804

Those are the style ones I'm talking about.
Old November 23, 2009, 10:12 AM   #2
John76248

I suggest you get the blue book of gun values by S.P. Fjestad. For the most part those guns that are funky editions (that's what I call them no harm intended) are for the gotta have folks and really hold no value. They are a special niche. Best of luck.
Old November 23, 2009, 01:44 PM   #3
BigJimP

Those guns were made in 2003 / and maybe 2004 - after the crash that took his life in 2001, I believe.... I think they made both 12 and 20ga models / and the only reason I happen to know, is I have a buddy who is fanatic stock car fan and he has one.

I don't recall exactly, but I think they sold for $ 50 - $100 more that the stock models / so probably around $ 750 ....

Unless you're really a serious Dale Earnhardt Sr collector - today, a commemorative edition like this isn't worth much over a standard model - and to someone who is not a collector, they'll just pass on it, and buy one without the logo ( same issue on the Ducks Unlimited model editions ) ... it just doesn't increase the value / and sometimes hurts the value. Buy it if you have to have it / but don't expect a profit from it.