The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 7, 2005, 05:14 PM   #1
Prof

Georgia Precision SS -- Beware!

I'm not sure what is happening at this business (bankruptcy, divorce, etc) but don't order from them! I placed an order for some Black Hills ammo on December 9th. By December 20th I had not received the ammo nor heard anything from them. So, I e-mailed them. When I received no reply within a week, I began calling. That is an interesting experience! First, you have to *82 to get though to them (I don't know of any other retail firm that screens their calls, unless they are afraid of creditors?). Then, they don't answer the phone! After a week of trying (!), I finally got an answer. The guy took my name, looked up the order, then said his computer was down and could I call back in an hour. I did and guess what: nobody answers. Since then they won't answer the phone. Next, I tried faxing them. No answer to my fax. Now their website is closed for "Remodeling". Fair warning, something is wrong here. I posted a question about this on the High Road rifle board and found out that lots of other people are having the same experience.
Old January 7, 2005, 05:26 PM   #2
2002gti

ive ordered from them before with no problem. they have a very large customer base on ar15.com and i havnt heard of any problems over there.
if you paid by charge then you have no worries.
Old January 7, 2005, 05:31 PM   #3
Prof

I think the operative word is "before". I've also had no problem before but there is definitely a problem now. Go over to "The High Road" and check my post there under the "Rifle" section. Several posters are providing links to other forums, including AR-15.com, where similar threads are running. It appears that GPSS is undergoing a meltdown of sorts. That's really sad if it is true but they still should at least notify their customers.

Last edited by Prof; January 9, 2005 at 11:08 AM. Reason: update info
Old January 9, 2005, 06:48 PM   #4
Lycanthrope

Oh, there have been problems posted at arfcom and a whole thread was dedicated to this a while back.

I had my own problems with e mails that were not returned early in the fall. I was finally able to get a response by using a PM on arfcom.