The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 26, 2007, 05:26 PM   #1
farmall

Privi Partisan Bullets

Anyone load the Privi Partisan bullets offered by Graf&Son? Specifically the .30cal 168HPBT's. Was looking for a less expensive bullet to try in my Savage 10FP for long range plinking. I see they offer them in a regular and a match version. Only about $20 difference per 500 for the match, so I'd probably go with them.
Thanks
Andy
Old June 26, 2007, 07:44 PM   #2
hodaka

Well, sorta, kinda

I bought some of their loaded 7.5x55 ammo for my K-31 just for the brass. 173 gr. (I think). Very accurate. Almost as good as my Sierra MK loads. I would buy their bullets in a minute.
Old June 27, 2007, 07:28 AM   #3
dutchy

I bought a lot of "yugoslavian" bullets, FMJBT for my swedish mauser.
I suspect them to be Partisan, but the box was unmarked.
After dooing the magnet test, I decided, induced by the low price, to go ahead and buy 1000. I have to say price/quality relation was good, but they were cheap. Comprende?

For real accuracy, go for top notch brands, lake Lapua B343 match for swedes, or Glennster, Sierra matchkings for .308 .

Long time ago, a fellow club member bought a beauty of a gun. A lyttleton/musgrave single shot bolt action, ugly as hell, kicking like a mule.
Member rolled his first cartridges, using RWS cases, federal primers, powder I think was Vihtavuori and Sierra matchking bullets.
On the range his prowess was not great so he asked me to shoot it.
I did, with following results: 9 x 10, 1 x 9. 100 meters. In those days I could shoot but the gear had to match it. (Highest score ever with swede, same distance same target: 97)
Remember: first handloads of the guy, new rifle to me.

Lesson: go for quality to take away any doubts.
Old July 2, 2007, 09:35 PM   #4
Linear Thinker

Andy,
I've been using the Prvi P ammo for 20 years or so, since the local company (Hansen Arms) started importing them under their own label. Their quality has been very good.
However, once you get into long-range shooting with 168-gr .308 bullets, I would stick with a domestic brand.

I've sent many thousands of 168 grainers downrange. Sierra MKs, Hornady, Berger and Nosler versions have all been outstanding. I currently shoot Noslers as I was able to get a good price on a large lot, can't say enough good things about them.
I suspect the Yugo stuff is not made to the same level of consistency. This may or may not matter to you, but if you want good results at 600 yards, spend the extra $$.
LT