The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 15, 2011, 08:22 PM   #1
handgunfan101

Internal ejector wont pull out empty case out of barrel ????

I have a para warthog and for the first 600 plus rounds no problems at all but now it does the following:

1. After round is fired the spent casing will not get pulled out of the barrel completely.

The case has to be racked out after the mag is dropped and gun is turned upside down and shake it a bit.

The round below it is trying to chamber but obviously cant due to the spent round not being ejected.

2. When i inspect the casing is has very little (barley noticeable) ejector mark on the ejector side.

I compared it to the previous correctly ejected case and the case that was ejected properly has a much larger scar or groove where the ejector pulled the round out.

3. It started with 1 round out of the first mag doing it then the 2nd mag half of the rounds then the other 2 mags all rounds would not eject.

I looked at the ejector (para power ejector) and it seems to look alright but that really means nothing i guess.

in other words what causes this? and how to fix it. I love this gun and it has until today given me 0 problems...
Old September 15, 2011, 09:46 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Let's get this out of the way. What has changed? Ammunition? Loading if handloads? Recoil spring? Main (hammer) spring? Extractor/ejector? Lubrication? Hold? Cleaning?

Maybe I sound a bit testy, but I do hate to see folks try to give answers to a question like that only to have the original poster come back with an "Oh, by the way, I rebuilt the gun..."

Jim
Old September 15, 2011, 10:08 PM   #3
handgunfan101

1. The ammo used that jams is as follows : WWB, Federal, PMC never used any hand loads all 230gr.

2. No modifications or replacement parts have been made to this gun what so ever.

3. I am a neat freak when cleaning my guns so everything is spotless.

4. Lube is the same as always on all my guns without a hitch Amsoil gun lube.

5. My grip is the same as is my stance. I have a fairly strong grip and i have very little muzzle lift at all.

I have been reading some posts on other boards that say that the ejector is a common problem (bent, cracked, broken, tension needs adjustment and what not but i have no idea) but not always is the case. While inspecting empty casings where the usual mark is is not there or is so slight i cant see how it can be grabbed and properly.
Old September 15, 2011, 10:29 PM   #4
handgunfan101

after reading an article i am leaning towards the extractor. The pics seem to indicate a double feed as also stated in the article and its symptoms are similar to mine.
Old September 15, 2011, 11:07 PM   #5
Slopemeno

Youre gong to need to remove your extractor, clean the tunnel, and re-tension the extractor before re-installing it.
Old September 16, 2011, 12:45 AM   #6
Jim Watson

Bear in mind this is a PO with fabricated "Power Extractor." (The OP calls it a power ejector, not knowing the names of the parts is a problem of its own.) You don't adjust it, you probably have to replace it or some component. Maybe the hook is damaged or the spring squashed.
Old September 16, 2011, 08:44 AM   #7
handgunfan101

sorry about that. The power extractor seems to have a burr on it. Where the claw portion is during closer inspection i noticed it is also rounded over a bit not being able to properly grab the casing. i am emailing para today to see what they can do to send me a new one instead of just sending in the entire gun.