The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 16, 2013, 02:16 AM   #51
skeeter

I do not think the new Sigs are as good as the older guns before Sig went to the cheaper MIM parts. Application means everything when using MIM parts. I know they are used in turbine blades but those do not flex or have to take impacts like a Sig hammer. There is a good reason the Police Model 870 does not use MIM parts while the cheaper, civilian model uses MIM parts. That should say it all.
By the way, when Gunsite sells their Gunsite CCO they have the MIM parts replaced with tool steel Chip McCormick parts because they figure the guns will be used a lot. I have been at the range twice when the Kimber MIM barrel bushing left the barrel.
Old July 16, 2013, 06:22 AM   #52
Double Impact

I own several P220's and have had p229's and p226's all newer and all very reliable, accurate and perfectly fine. The new guns will give you the same results any of the (Perfect) german made sigs would have. Sigs really were swiss made.

Buy current made sig with confidence, I carry a sig p220 with over 15000 rds and has been flawless, just take care of it and it will take care of you. Kinda like a wife I've been married to mine for 43 yrs she still takes care of me .
Old July 16, 2013, 05:55 PM   #53
rodfac

My Sig P226 Mk25 is a tack driver in its original 9mm, but is equally accurate with a Sig made caliber exchange slide/barrel in .40 S&W. It's a target grade auto in that respect. The pic below was shot at 25 yds from a back rested, sitting position....with the 9mm barrel. Rod

Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.