The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 15, 2013, 10:02 AM   #1
Bosshoff

The Chicago way, now shut up.

It's the same but different. Who are you to ask me?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2319668.story

This is the way politics are done in Chicago. Do you not believe that they went and took the 25 scariest guns in their inventory to display? The fact that USA citizens would accept ANY politician with this sort of pedigree, is astounding.
Old January 15, 2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Patriot86

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/20...atve-guns.html

According to SSC the origional story that the 2013 guns were not invintoried yet is a 110% LIE.

The Trib story has now been changed to say they can't display them because they are evidence. I think anyone with half a brain sees what is going on here; they are cherry picking the EBR's and "Assault Pistols" from the past several probably years to use on display.
Old January 15, 2013, 10:56 AM   #3
NJgunowner

You're making the assumption that the "average" person knows anything more than what they see in the movies. This type of thing is very effective at stirring up the general population, they don't know any better. It's why they do it in the first place.
Old January 15, 2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Punisher_1

One reason why I cancelled my News Subscription. Biased reporting by reporters just wanting to substantiate their point of view, create fear and anger, and further someone elses agenda instead of reporting facts for us to make a decision. There should be a national drive to cancel subscriptions to get the point across.
Old January 16, 2013, 12:54 AM   #5
+1k ammo

Yes, the reporters have a way of bending stories and also picking which ones out of the thousands get into the paper.

Once I was actually in the story and saw how completely inaccurate the reporting is. They are so hungry for news that the top billing gets all the attention no matter what.

I don't even read anymore.
Old January 16, 2013, 06:33 AM   #6
ROCK6

I wish they would display the shooters. If I was a betting man, I would hazard that most were not "law-abiding" citizens and most likely had prior criminal records. I would bet many were also gang members at the age where they are lumped into the "children" category for violence statistics. The slaves of the state are bused to poles to vote for free hand-outs...that's how tyrants govern...pretty sad. Add to the fact we have an entire media culture that no longer lets the facts get in the way of a good story.

ROCK6