The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Closed Thread

Old July 23, 2005, 11:51 AM   #1
GonzoX

Sten Mk III Template

Not sure if this is OT or Taboo here but will try anyway.

My Son has a Sten Mk III parts kit and wants to cut PCV pipe to make a receiver for it so he can have a Sten dummy gun.

Anybody here know of a free one available?

All I can find on the web are the Mk V ones and they are different than the Mk III.
Old July 23, 2005, 03:03 PM   #2
azrael

try gunbroker.com

GOT GOBLIN?

"There is no love in your violence"
Kakihara (Ichi the Killer)
Old July 23, 2005, 03:47 PM   #3
Third_Rail

Even a PVC tube can be considered an MG - if it'll run even once, it's an MG. Be careful.
Old July 23, 2005, 05:05 PM   #4
GonzoX

Well I found the template on the Edonkey network. Thanx all.

Guess I will tell my Son to keep his evil PCV destructive plastic device in the attick.

I can just hear those black helicopters landing on my roof now LOL.
Old July 24, 2005, 02:47 PM   #5
GonzoX

Ok, Im kind of stuck now. Anybody here ever build a Sten Mk III dummy gun or Semi Auto Sten with template or otherwise?

I need help from somebody who has experience with a Mk III build.

Can you please email or PM me. Thanks.
Old July 25, 2005, 07:02 AM   #6
Third_Rail

Let me guess - magwell giving you trouble, specifically getting it attached to the tube? They used to be pressed and welded, IIRC. Not an option with PVC, though!
Old July 26, 2005, 03:38 PM   #7
GonzoX

Well Im still in the stage of separating the mag well from the cut receiver. Somebody suggested I buy a dremel and take it off that way.

I also guess that I need to grind and drill out rivets from barrel housing donuts (?) to take barrel out.

Im seriously thinking about going with a steel pipe now. Don't think PVC and glue are going to cut it.

I see a welding rig in my future. Thought this would be cheap but it is looking like this damn dummy gun is going to cost me over $200. Needless to say, I bit off more than I can chew but Im past the point of no return AFAIAC.

My Son better appreciate this.
Old July 26, 2005, 11:30 PM   #8
Mike_B

Quote:
Im seriously thinking about going with a steel pipe now. Don't think PVC and glue are going to cut it.
You may also be getting seriously close to legally speaking "manufacturing an illegal machine gun" and "felony jail time".

Quote:
I see a welding rig in my future. Thought this would be cheap but it is looking like this damn dummy gun is going to cost me over $200. Needless to say, I bit off more than I can chew but Im past the point of no return AFAIAC.
A dummy should probably need only glue. As for welding I would seriously rethink that decision and consider what the .gov would and could consider to be an illegally manufactured machine gun at this point myself.
Old July 27, 2005, 09:00 AM   #9
GonzoX

With all due respect, I am aware that there are ATF rules regarding how to make a dummy gun legally and am in the process of getting the "FACTUAL" details from the BATF in writing before I even start so please save your armchair legal advice. I did not ask for it and I do not need it. I will get the facts straight from the source, not off a forum.

As far as welding goes, even a plastic receiver has legal implications from what I understand. But let me and the ATF worry about that. We will get it straight.

Not trying to come off as rude but let me worry about the legalities. I know what I am doing. If you have nothing usefull to add other than armchair legal advice then please do not bother responding.

Thank you.
Old July 27, 2005, 08:41 PM   #10
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Closed.
Closed Thread