The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 14, 1999, 11:12 PM   #1
DWM

Has anybody used one of these things? Thinking about trying it for my Kahr .40 when my shirt is tucked in. Saw a pager pal salesman at a gunshow a couple of years ago who was concealing a large .45. I couldn't even tell it was there.

Thanks, DWM
Old October 14, 1999, 11:51 PM   #2
Nakano

But is it comfortable? Especially when wearing for longer periods of time. I haven' t tried one personally but that holster/ gun sits pretty darn low. Just my thoughts.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."
Old October 15, 1999, 03:46 AM   #3
blades67

Comfort with a Pager Pal is relative to body size and your lifestyle/job. If, like myself, you are not a large person (5'7", 150#, 32in waist) the holster will print. It will also dig like a shovel when you are sitting while wearing anything but pleated front Dockers. (personal experience. YMMV.) I gave mine to a friend. She loves it. Go figure.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~
Old October 15, 1999, 09:21 AM   #4
Erich

I had one, and it wasn't for me. I was using it to conceal a Glock 33 (baby frame), and there was too much of a bulge evident - right to the right of my crotch. (This was with Levi's loose-fit jeans, and I wasn't too fat for them, either.) I got lots of odd looks when I wore it to a work-related gathering. No one made me, I think, but I felt awkward, and it made me not want to use the thing unless I wore it in the back with a shirt over it. And, hey, why not a standard IWB holster in that case? (BTW, the "pager" looks like crap; get the optional knife sheath to use with it.)

I suspect the thing would actually work better with a large flat pistol like a 1911. But, for me, I'm sticking with my Blade Tech UCH.
Old October 15, 1999, 02:10 PM   #5
DWM

Several people in past posts have said that they were too large/heavy to conceal the pager pal. Also, several people have said that they were too small/lightweight to conceal the pager pal. For what size people was this thing made? I'm (5'9"/132 lbs.), so definitely of small frame. I'm skeptical that this will work for me, in jeans anyway, but will try it out at my gun range (pager pal dealer).

DWM
Old October 18, 1999, 06:11 PM   #6
DAL

I was thinking of getting one of those
to carry a Kahr K9 I plan on buying, but
now I'm not too sure. I, too, am on the
small side (5'7", 137 lbs.) and I hate
wearing baggy clothes (I have no extra flesh to hide, which, in this case, is not a bless ing). I'll have to check it out at the next gun show I go to--that's the only way to be
sure about the fit.

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

[This message has been edited by DAL (edited October 18, 1999).]
Old October 19, 1999, 10:06 AM   #7
Nakano

Yes DAL. That is the best way. Check them out before making a decision. Try it on and experiment in different body positions. Sit on a chair, get up and down. Bend over to tie your shoelaces. Is it still comfortable? Will it make a noticeable sound when bumping into a hard object such as an office table, bookshelf, doorknob? Or even someones elbow! It has happened. Also the actual sidearm (unloaded of course) to try it with is a must. Or perhaps there is a dealer there that has a "red gun" of your particular model. Hope this helps a bit.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."
Old October 20, 1999, 07:17 AM   #8
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

They work pretty well for:
Seacamp .32
Astra Cub .25
NAA Guardian .32
Walther PPK

A Bersa .380 would be the biggest gun I would attempt with it.

To quote my wife who didn't know I had it at the time - and this was with a PPK/S in it:
"You look swollen or bloated are you okay?"

3 hours later I traded the new Pager Pal back in on a well used Yaqui slide.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE