The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old November 14, 2010, 10:34 PM   #1
Glockgrabber

How to start a 3 gun team

im wanting to start a 3 gun competition team with a couple of of buddies, are there any fees or paperwork to make yourself a team?????
Old November 15, 2010, 02:19 AM   #2
rjrivero

Ummmm.....

Three gun is an individual event. One shooter at a time on a course of fire. If you want to form a "team," that's fine, but good luck getting everyone to decide on the same "bowling shirts." There's always a bunch of guys who like to squad together for any given match, and as far as I know, most matches allow that. Bring your buddies and have a good time hanging out on the range. That's what it's all about. If matching shirts make it more fun for you guys, then go for it!
Old November 15, 2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Glockgrabber

ok, i knew that, i just heard at the local gunshop that their were team events at some matches. i feel like a moron now
Old November 22, 2010, 03:13 AM   #4
Jesse Tischauser

Most of the "shooting teams" out there are guys that are sponsored by some company to shoot with their products. Noveske Shooting Team, LOKI Shooting Team, Rudy Project Shooting Team, S&W Shooting Team, etc. To get sponsors just go ask. The cool bowling shirts can be purchased by anyone.