The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 26, 2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Soybomb

help with older shotgun values?

I've been asked to help get some values for some older shotguns but have been coming up pretty short on results myself. I thought I'd see if you guys might have any insight. All of these guns have been stored improperly and have rust.

First up there's a ithaca SxS, missing 1 hammer, 32", 10ga

Next is a browning pump (also labeled montgomery ward), model 30, 29" 12ga

Then there's a stevens SxS, 28", 16ga, that takes a little bit of muscle to break open.

Finally there's a utica 12ga SxS, 30" damascus steel, with a slightly loose feeling lockup.

Any guesses as to what I've got would be great, thanks!
Old July 26, 2011, 06:17 PM   #2
oneounceload

None of those will have much monetary value - sentimental is another thing - with parts missing, rust, etc.

There doesn't seem to be anything in your list over $100
Old July 26, 2011, 06:58 PM   #3
BigJimP

I agree with my friend OneOunce ....not much value there...
Old July 26, 2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Lee Lapin

The Ithaca and the Utica are likely wallhangers, useful for decoration only, worth whatever your market will bear for wallhangers. The Montgomery Ward Model 30 is a modern era Stevens 520 pump, and depending on mechanical condition can still be shot with modern 2 3/4" shells if approved for such by a competent 'smith. Worth will vary with gauge and condition, most go for less than $200 unless military marked. The Stevens SXS might still be a shooter too, if in good condition with a tight action and modern steel barrels. Again, worth will depend on condition, the fact that it's a 16 will hurt the price with most potential buyers, except for the few who have a soft spot for 16s. If it's a modern gun in good condition, $300 or perhaps more to a 'sweet sixteen' fan.

lpl

Attitude and skill will get you through times of no gear, better than gear will get you through times of no attitude and no skill.
Old July 27, 2011, 06:13 AM   #5
Slugo

like 1ozLoad said, nothin' there worth over $100. Really...
Old July 27, 2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Hawg

Depending on how well the Stevens SXS will clean up it could bring a couple of hundred. Maybe another hundred if it cleans up very well and still has case colors.