The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 15, 2011, 11:30 PM   #1
ZVP

Cowboys TV show?

Anybody herd any news when the show will return???
I sure miss the weekly episodes showing many of my favorite Single Action Revolvers!
I haven't seen much on any of the "Gun Shows" about CAS, just a lot of DULL steel plate shooting with Semi-Autos. About as intresting as watching paint dry...
I wanna see the scenes of the Old West, Cowboys, and it's guns!
ZVP
Old December 16, 2011, 01:45 AM   #2
smokepole14

I agree the semi autos are some nice guns, but watchin the shoot is plain boring. There's just something special about watchin the ole smokewheels from the wild west. There like a beautiful peace of artwork. No matter how fast you can shoot with a glock, I still love that ole single action!!
Old December 16, 2011, 11:03 AM   #3
robhof

robhof

I've been lucky to shoot some very high end 45 auto's thanks to bringing my b/p revolvers to the range and the crowd gathering to see the old wheel guns go bang and the owners of the race guns wanting to shoot some of the holy black.
Old December 16, 2011, 11:37 PM   #4
ZVP

I really miss learning all the odds and ends like BP Cartrige loading do's and dont's, they just touched on the subject. I'm hoping for both technical sections and historical sections on the new season! It'd be really neat to learn more about the Holster Rigs people use also the revolvers they pair-up to em! Here I and many other shooters are thirsting for MORE, and the show just stopped!
Please if the Editor and Producers read this, PLEASE return to the Air!
ZVP
Old December 17, 2011, 01:01 AM   #5
arcticap

What network was the Cowboy TV show on?
Perhaps a letter could be sent to the network to be read by the staff who are paid to be concerned about the ratings of their shows.

I don't know very much about competitive plate shooting but the Steel Challenge Shooting Association must be gaining popularity. According to Wikipedia, the SCSA was purchased by the United States Practical Shooting Association in 2007.

Here's the Steel Challenge Shooting Association website:

http://steelchallenge.com/

It sounds like being a lucrative shooting sport is one reason for its popularity.
Is this the plate shooting organization that they are showing on that TV network in place of the Cowboys TV show?

Quote:
In 2007, more than 220 shooters competed for over $390,000 in cash and prizes. The Steel Challenge is held in August in Piru, California.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ng_Association

Last edited by arcticap; December 17, 2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old December 17, 2011, 03:21 PM   #6
DrLaw

Are you guys talking about COWBOYS on the Outdoor Network sponsored by MidwayUSA of Columbia, Missouri? The show hosted by Ron "Tupelo Flash" Stein, with Bob Boze Bell gunfight stories and Evil Roy segments on shooting?

Might contact MidwayUSA or the Outdoor Network and tell them you are wondering if new episodes are on the way.

The Doc is out now.
Old December 17, 2011, 05:26 PM   #7
jh9x18ky

You might also try downrangetv.com It is run by Michael Bain, and he hosts alot of the shows on Outdoor channel.