The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old June 26, 2012, 04:45 PM   #1
JustThisGuy

It's Time to Reconsider the Zombie Discussion Ban

OK, I'm serious here, not joking. It seems that nearly everyday for the last few weeks, one can read national news about yet another drug-fueled zombie attack. And by zombie, I mean a person who eats another being either alive or just after killing him/her/it. Today's news is as horrific as the others, but this attack was on a poor trusting family dog that was strangled, beaten, thus killed and then eaten by its attacker.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1ysDMduO3

The common thread among all these are synthetic drugs such as K2 or Bath Salts. These attacks are unexpected, outrageous in their brutality and leave the defenseless at the total mercy of the attacker.

I for one consider it appropriate to carry with this going on all over the US (and elsewhere). But if this doesn't fit the description of zombies, I'm not sure what would.

So in this context only (and only this context), I urge moderators to reconsider their ban on zombie threads.

Waiting to be closed down, or for a proper and polite discussion of this subject only...

Mediocrity dominates over excellence in all things... except excellence.
Old June 26, 2012, 04:54 PM   #2
pax

I agree with you that we need to discuss such attacks.

I disagree that we need to call these drug-fueled attackers "zombies."

Zombie actually has another meaning already, one that is frivolous and fantasy based. There simply wouldn't be a way to have a serious and productive conversation about the problems posed by this type of attack, if we start out by using frivolous, fantasy-based language to describe the attacker. Those who are serious (like yourself) would find yourselves constantly interrupted by jokesters who couldn't see past the word. (See post #2 for an example.)

So -- please, feel free to open a thread to discuss dealing with drug-based attackers.

Just leave the zombies out of it!

Thanks,

pax
Closed Thread