The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 14, 2011, 02:25 AM   #1
sicksixthsense

Remmy Triple-Deuce Challenge

Yeah, we all are familiar with Mike Walker and the .222 Rem., aren't we? If you are lucky enough to own a classy Remington in .222, post pics of the piece and what the piece can do. The .222 CANNOT get enough love.. that's impossible. So, .222 freaks/lovers, let's liberate this cartridge once more... and again A.S.A.P.

I shall post pics of my .222 machine and the magic it does (weather permitting)
Old February 15, 2011, 10:30 AM   #2
sicksixthsense

whooops

What a letdown I am. Whatever, I'll blame it on the weather (yeah i suppose I could have at least taken some pictures). Today is looking beautiful, though. Looks good enough to touch a couple off. Even though I didn't hold my part of the bargain, where's the .222 love?
Old February 15, 2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Pongo

.222 Rem= great little cartridge.

I have a BRNO Fox with double set trigger in .222 Rem. Certainly a fantastic little cartridge to shoot and reload.
Old February 15, 2011, 03:32 PM   #4
ronl

I just picked up one last month and the first group out of it was less than .75. Will post pics as soon as I get my computer back up and running.
Old February 16, 2011, 01:15 AM   #5
sicksixthsense

Well, I finally got the opportunity to got out and shoot and it was MISERABLE! Nice day, today was.. but I went up on top of the family mountain instead a place where a bench is available. Opening my ammo pack, I realized I had only 4 rounds of some ancient .222

I walked on top (mostly) of 3 feet of snow to place a target roughly 200 yards out and fired my 4 rounds in prone position, laying on top of the deep crusty snow. I'm way too whacked for pictures (tomorrow, tomorrow). Nothing impressive. If I was trying to shoot a deer in the face, I certainly would have succeeded

Tags
.222 , challenge , deuce , remington