The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 9, 2002, 07:16 AM   #1
Khornet

Model 52 questions

1. Anyone ever glass bed a 52B? Any pointers?

2. Anyone have a source for 52B stocks? Numrich (Gun Parts Corp) has only 52C stocks, which don't fit.

Thanks!
Old August 10, 2002, 11:37 PM   #2
DeBee

Ah Ha! I see you picked up that little gem... How is it, you lucky dog- Can you post picks???

Winchester 52 stocks can sometimes be had on Ebay, GunsAmerica, GunBroker, and/or AuctionArms... The mags, too.

I recently saw a military 52 stock (dark, oil finish, A,B,C? Dunno)somewhere on one of these sites... Thoughts of a mini-sniper instantly sprang to my mind...

The bedding is relatively straight forward- I don't think you'll encounter any difficulty as long as you wax everything thoroughly- that's if you must bed at all...
Old August 12, 2002, 06:03 AM   #3
Khornet

Well,

Bore is ringed about 1 foot back from muzzle, but otherwise fine. I can't say what its accuracy is because the action is poorly bedded. Even with all screws tight you can feel the metal moving as you turn the gun over. Since the stock was butchered, I'll need to restock. May need to rebarrel too, but it's still a great find just for the receiver alone. I'll check out those sites.